New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member - My history

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Magget
1st Gear Member

Default New Member - My history

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to the forums. I have read many posts here to familiarize myself with the types of conversations going on. The result is that I am happy with the amount of information members are willing to share. It has been significantly helpful to me; especially that I am considering purchasing my second Mustang.

My first Mustang was a COBRA that I purchased about 7 years ago. I did not know much about Mustangs other than they looked good and were fast. I really enjoyed the Mustang for 2 years before I decided to give it up. The reason why I gave it up was because I spun out during the winter when I was going about 5 miles per hour. I was at a stoplight when the light turned green. I shifted into first gear and gently shifted into second gear when all of a sudden I lost control of the Mustang and spun around and ended up on top of the median. Although it was at low speed, I was glad I ended up there or I would have hit 2 cars on the other side. This incident was very frightening for me and it discouraged me enough to get rid of it (please note, I had 40 pounds of salt-bag weight in the trunk to help weigh the vehicle down). It is probably obvious to many members here that I should not be driving a Cobra during the winter but it was my only car at the time. Perhaps I should have treated the Cobra like a Corvette where I should have only driven it during the summer months.

Thus, I traded in the Cobra in 2000 for a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The Eclipse is a nice car but it does not compare to the Mustang. After 5 years with the Eclipse, I have decided to return to the Mustang. I have visited many sites and dealerships. I am impressed with the improvements they have made to the Mustang. Although I am most displeased with the wide range of prices each dealership has for each Mustang. They are all trying to sell them from 3 to 7,000 above MSRP. This is unacceptable to me. I believe (probably as most of you already know) that Ford has purposely chosen the Supply and Demand route to boost profits of a Retro Model. I cannot say that I blame them one bit. Nonetheless, I am in the market for a Mustang.

My preference is a Mustang GT Convertible in yellow. I would like to add a hood scoop to it and maybe 17-inch rims. I am going to be patient and diligent in my buying process. I look forward to reading many more articles and postings about the Ford Mustang.

Thank you.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Member - My history

Welcome. I hope you find the car of your dreams soon.

Denise
Old 05-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Svtpunkhed

well good luck in ur journey, be pickey. never settle for anything other then what u are looking for.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!

I've been in the snow situation many-a-times and I must say it sucks too. But, don't let that get you down, there's plenty of stangs out there, and I'm sure you'll find a perfect one soon.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 AM
919Maniac

Actually, Ford doesn't make any additional money by the dealerships charging over MSRP. MSRP means Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, not required. The dealerships make the extra money by charging more, not FOMOCO. This is the USA and the free market economy reigns = supply & demand. If the demand is very high, supply is low, then the price goes up. What's the solution? Patience. Wait until supply and demand balance out and then you can buy the 'stang just as you would any other car = below MSRP.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Svtpunkhed

actually i sell cars. and they do mke money off of msrp. for one the vehicle has a major price settings. GMS, Supplier, Owned.
basically msrp is about a $2000.00 mark up. so never pay msrp.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

welcome to the forums and get that stang...lol
Old 06-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Just curious, why would you shift a Cobra to 2nd at 5MPH?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

Just curious, why would you shift a Cobra to 2nd at 5MPH?
I would have to say because you dont want high rpms in the snow!Welcome to the forums and be patient good things will come your way!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

Welcome ... Hope you find the Mustang you're looking for ...

Quick Reply: New Member - My history