New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi y'all

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:58 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default Hi y'all

New Mustang owner here...its mine and hubby's car even though he says its his! Its an 05 Sonic Blue v6 convertible premium package. As I turned 50 I finally got my first Mustang. I wanted one when I was a teen for my first brand new car like this one...
but Dad didn't like that back window...too dangerous he said, can't see out of it. Ended up with a 74 Chevy Nova and about 2 years later my hubby to be got hit from behind by a drunk driver and totaled it! I'm still with that guy 29 years later...LOL! This is our first Mustang and only our 3rd Ford we've bought, we were looking at sporty convertibles and it finally came down to the Mustang. Looked at Toyota Camry (not sporty looking and the rear end is so high you can't see to back up at all) and at the Nissan 350Z's (nice looking car inside and out but...too many problems mentioned online so backed away from it, needs premium gas and very expensive wheels), Ford Thunderbird (nice feature of the hard top you can add over the convertible top but not sporty looking and the most expensive of the 4). There were other convertibles but they were too small for us hefty 6 footers. So was surprised to find out the new 05 Mustang was a perfect fit for us, I got to sit in a used 04 but it was very cramped. My hubby was nice enough to get a blue one and an automatic transmission just for my preferences. We wanted to get a sporty convertible before he retired while we could afford the payments. Hoping to not put many miles on it so it will last longer and into retirement. But he already put 800 miles on it the first week we had it! We had a hard time finding a Mustang to test drive when we finally decided Mustang was the car we liked best after seeing one but not test driving it. It was sold right after we saw it and they couldn't let us test drive it! The Mustangs were flying off the dealer lots fast as they got them in. Found a dealer with a used 05 GT but it was so noisy and a stiff suspension so wanted to test a v6. Dealer was able to bring one in the next day black on black premium packaged manual transmission convertible. Drove it and fell in love with it, was surprised it wasn't as noisy as the GT even with it being a convertible and the up and go power it it had was suprising and the suspension didn't seem as stiff. Told the dealer if he could get us one in Sonic Blue, same package and with an automatic transmission we'd buy it. Well he came back 5 minutes later and said we found one...out of state as there were none in the state in Sonic Blue! For $125 more they could have it driven in the next day. We signed papers right then and there and asked them to tint the windows which was done before we picked it up the next evening. Only thing different was it didn't have the aluminum panels on the dash like the black one and didnt' have the mirror with the led temp in it. We ended up having a Mustang place put in a brushed aluminun panel set and actually like it better than the Ford Packaged one. I have a hard time not driving the Mustang as I have a 98 Chevy truck to drive too with over 100,000 miles on it, need it for the real horses. Trying not to pile on the miles on the Mustang but OMG I love driving it!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:21 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hi y'all

welcome to the forums
nice stang
Old 07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

welcome aboard and congratulations
Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
jowen
2nd Gear Member

Nice ride!! Welcome!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Sonic blue is my favorite color. Have fun!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:41 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

I'm glad you finally got your stang- it's a great feeling after you wait so long for it. Welcome!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:25 AM
jowen
2nd Gear Member

Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

ya i like the stang (gotta love the blue) welcome to the forums
Old 07-14-2005, 01:54 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member