New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Not new to the forums.. but potentially a "once again" owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM
mustangdebt
1st Gear Member

Default Not new to the forums.. but potentially a "once again" owner

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted.. mostly because I ended up selling my mustang about two years back. It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make so far and came with a lot of regret but at the time I felt it was the right one to make.

Anyways, my (new) wife and I were discussing refinishing the basement in our house. I had thought about putting in a movie room and having a nice place for our on-the-way child to play in the future. Then she threw me a curveball. Instead of finishing the basement, she said she wouldn't mind if I got another mustang since she knows how much I miss my old one. She doesn't really care much about having a finished basement (yet).

I actually stopped by a dealer today just to look at the "new" style (compared to my previous 07). Aside from not being approached once by a salesmen, I noticed that it felt "right" sitting in one again. Unfortunately, then I realized that it would probably at least twice the cost of a basement and have a limited life.

The basement wouldn't happen until at least summer 2013 and I'd be doing the bulk of it myself.. while the mustang probably wouldn't happen until 2014.

I may be asking people with a huge bias in favor of the mustang but.. what would you do?

Last edited by mustangdebt; 02-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome back!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangdebt
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted.. mostly because I ended up selling my mustang about two years back. It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make so far and came with a lot of regret but at the time I felt it was the right one to make.

Anyways, my (new) wife and I were discussing refinishing the basement in our house. I had thought about putting in a movie room and having a nice place for our on-the-way child to play in the future. Then she threw me a curveball. Instead of finishing the basement, she said she wouldn't mind if I got another mustang since she knows how much I miss my old one. She doesn't really care much about having a finished basement (yet).

I actually stopped by a dealer today just to look at the "new" style (compared to my previous 07). Aside from not being approached once by a salesmen, I noticed that it felt "right" sitting in one again. Unfortunately, then I realized that it would probably at least twice the cost of a basement and have a limited life.

The basement wouldn't happen until at least summer 2013 and I'd be doing the bulk of it myself.. while the mustang probably wouldn't happen until 2014.

I may be asking people with a huge bias in favor of the mustang but.. what would you do?
Do you have to get a new one? That's the real question. I think you just need to get back in a car and your wife seems to really understand that. I really think you need to find the middle ground. Make yourself happy and make a place for your child to play. The best part is, your child won't know the difference between a $20,000 finished basement and a basement that is a work in progress. Make the basement safe, workable and easy to upgrade to the finished vision you have in your head. All the while you, your wife, and your child get to enjoy the pleasure of a family cruise "Together" in "Your" Mustang.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Matermine
1st Gear Member

Welcome back. Whatever you choose to do, don't compromise. If you have to wait a tad longer to get what you want, do it.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome back!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome back!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Welcome back; Sleeper GT got it right. Compromise a bit and do both.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 AM
mustangdebt
1st Gear Member

Good advice everyone. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
jakegoku
1st Gear Member

Yeah, man. No compromise! I couldn't wait so I jumped on it and I'm happy.
But wait til you know
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF

Quick Reply: Not new to the forums.. but potentially a "once again" owner