New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

which Mustang to get!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
hero

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Ehhh, not really for a company car though.. Unless your company needed to look flashy in a Saleen or something.. Other than that it's not practical for a company car, you'll more than likely be driving a lot on business trips, driving clients at times, etc.. Much better cars for that.. If it was a personal car that's different, I would say the PJ
How about if i put it this way - it is a personal car that my company will pay fore =D. It doesnt really need to be practical, just whatever I like! So now that that is out of the way - you think the PJ is worth the money?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
hero

Originally Posted by 90nSSMD
What kind of company is it specifically that you want to get a lease car for? Rental? Driving Service (similar to a limo company, but maybe with a twist?)? State/City lease company (ex. drivers education course)?

Personally I think the average 4cyl or 6cyl cars would be better, considering the savings both short and long term. However, that's just practicality speaking, and I cannot give you a solid bit of advice without first knowing what kind of leasing company it is.

If you were to go the route of Stangs for a lease purpose however with those options, I would go with the 05 Saleen like vbstang said. His opinion is a bit biased since he owns one .
Hi!

So it's a produce company, but the car is really just for personal use. occasionally i might need to transport some product, but there are literally hundreds of colleagues who have SUV's that would would be more than happy to swap for my mustang for a day =D. Also i should mention my dad owns the company...

As far as savings go - it doesnt really bother me since i wont be paying for gas, maintenance etc.

So have you driven the 05 Saleen? would it be a better driving experience than a 09 GT? I love the look of the saleen. It is hard to test drive these cars as most of them are not in my city - i would have to get it transferred here.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
hero

Originally Posted by alan0614
Welcome to the forum, maybe pics of your choices would help us decide.
Thanks for the welcome! Here's some photos!

2005 Saleen

2007 PJ

2007 California Special

2009 45th Anniversary

Old 10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
hero

Sorry photos didn’t upload properly, hopefully works this time..

2005 Saleen

2007 PJ

2007 California Special

2009 45th Anniversary

Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum from Europe
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hero
Hi!

So it's a produce company, but the car is really just for personal use. occasionally i might need to transport some product, but there are literally hundreds of colleagues who have SUV's that would would be more than happy to swap for my mustang for a day =D. Also i should mention my dad owns the company...

As far as savings go - it doesnt really bother me since i wont be paying for gas, maintenance etc.

So have you driven the 05 Saleen? would it be a better driving experience than a 09 GT? I love the look of the saleen. It is hard to test drive these cars as most of them are not in my city - i would have to get it transferred here.
XD so basically it's a toy for the company.

The 07 Parnelli looks absolutely gorgeous btw.

I would say the biggest difference between the 05 Saleen, 07 Saleen PJ, and 09 GT are the Power and Suspension packages. The Saleen(s) will be a much smoother ride, with a bit more get-up-and-go, but that isn't to say the GT will be horrible in either aspect.

I have never driven a Saleen, so I cannot give you the best picture on how they handle, what kind of power to expect, etc. I have however, driven plenty of GT's, and they are very capable cars.

In terms of price, the GT save you the most money, but if money isn't an issue, then I would personally choose between the 07 Parnelli Jones and 05 Saleen. Honestly in my first read I completely skipped over seeing the 07 PJ in the mix. The moment I saw the pictures I almost instantly discarded the 05 haha. Make sure you have a list of questions written up to ask them before you decide to buy the car you want. Better safe than sorry!

Hope I was able to help
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ...Saleen for sure!!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:41 PM
hero

Originally Posted by Neko
Welcome to the forum from Europe
Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
hero

Originally Posted by 90nSSMD
XD so basically it's a toy for the company.

The 07 Parnelli looks absolutely gorgeous btw.

I would say the biggest difference between the 05 Saleen, 07 Saleen PJ, and 09 GT are the Power and Suspension packages. The Saleen(s) will be a much smoother ride, with a bit more get-up-and-go, but that isn't to say the GT will be horrible in either aspect.

I have never driven a Saleen, so I cannot give you the best picture on how they handle, what kind of power to expect, etc. I have however, driven plenty of GT's, and they are very capable cars.

In terms of price, the GT save you the most money, but if money isn't an issue, then I would personally choose between the 07 Parnelli Jones and 05 Saleen. Honestly in my first read I completely skipped over seeing the 07 PJ in the mix. The moment I saw the pictures I almost instantly discarded the 05 haha. Make sure you have a list of questions written up to ask them before you decide to buy the car you want. Better safe than sorry!

Hope I was able to help
Thanks! That definitely helps.. I was wondering if the saleens were going to handle better than the gt's even though they are older, looks like you are saying yes? Yeah as i was uploading the photos I realised how pretty the PJ was! So I'm thinking I'll try to get that, if it doesn't work then the 2005 saleen.. I think I've got a better chance getting that as its a little more understated . My current company car is an Evo X and I've only had Jap cars before, so Keen to get some American muscle! thanks heaps for the help, let me know if you have any more advice!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM
hero

Originally Posted by Timspony
Welcome to MF! ...Saleen for sure!!
Thanks! The gray one or the PJ?!

Quick Reply: which Mustang to get!