New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Dcobra31
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
Welcome to MF.
Very nice ride for sure.
Thanks I see your stang is blacked out as well. Looks great!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dcobra31
Thanks I see your stang is blacked out as well. Looks great!
Thanks. I didn't even plan for it to be that way, it just morphed into it somehow.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Welcome to MF
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! Nice looking car.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
White03Vert
3rd Gear Member

Oh man that is beautiful!!! Black is my favorite color and there isn't anything I would change except maybe dropping it a bit. Tint will sure help complete the look of it though.

Welcome!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Dcobra31
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by White03Vert
Oh man that is beautiful!!! Black is my favorite color and there isn't anything I would change except maybe dropping it a bit. Tint will sure help complete the look of it though.

Welcome!
Thank you Yes, lowering it would definitely give it a meaner stance. I've always loved black on a Mustang!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Grimace427

Bumping this thread instead of making a new one. I too am from Reston and joined this site after seeing this thread. I keep my eyes open for fellow 5.0 owners and am shocked I've been missing your awesome black on black car! While I was born and raised in Reston I moved out to Vienna with my girlfriend in early October. I work in Tysons Corner so my commute is laughably short.

I am a regular poster over on Allfordmustangs but I check out all of the other sites as well. I raced the 1/4 mile a bit and even drove to Texas and ran the Texas Mile. I love meeting forum members and have made quite a few friends.

I am a professional technician with Mercedes and get to use the shop of Saturdays for doing mods on my car and sometimes friends cars as long as I get permission from the boss. In addition to the mods on my car(longtube headers, boss intake, lowered suspension), I've done some work on fellow Mustang forum member's cars including suspension, clutch, exhaust, and some diagnostic work. I enjoy extending this to people though sometimes I promise too much for scheduling and other reasons.

Name:  DSC_0004_zps9bf4a93f.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  DSC_0044_zps7879e849.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  103.1 KB
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Grimace427

Sorry still learning the site, I can't find how to edit posts.

I've been spending the last two years researching and using my technical experience to help find solutions to the many common issues with the 2011+ Mustang including rough shifting with the MT-82, suspension/brakes/alignment issues, I also have great experience with tires and can get serious discounts through the dealership I work at. If you've seen me over on Allfordmustangs you know I love helping people solve technical issues as well as finding parts combinations for upgrading.

My complete mod list:
FRPP 'P' springs 1" drop
Koni STR.T shocks/struts
UMI lower control arms and relocation brackets
Borla S-Type axlebacks
Dynatech 1 7/8" longtube headers and catted x-pipe
Dynatech one piece driveshaft
Boss intake manifold with Steeda cold air intake
Brenspeed tunes
Joe Heck Racing shifter, bracket, and clutch line
Continental ExtremeContact DW summer tires 275/40/19

Texas Mile!
Name:  DSC_0125.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  43.0 KB

In addition to my love for my new 2011 5.0 I have also been spending nearly the past decade restoring a 1967 Fastback. The bodywork is completely done but a lack of funds has stopped progress.

Name:  front_quarter_-_Copy.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  111.5 KB
Name:  100_6378_-_Copy.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  92.3 KB
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Dcobra31
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grimace427
Sorry still learning the site, I can't find how to edit posts.

I've been spending the last two years researching and using my technical experience to help find solutions to the many common issues with the 2011+ Mustang including rough shifting with the MT-82, suspension/brakes/alignment issues, I also have great experience with tires and can get serious discounts through the dealership I work at. If you've seen me over on Allfordmustangs you know I love helping people solve technical issues as well as finding parts combinations for upgrading.

My complete mod list:
FRPP 'P' springs 1" drop
Koni STR.T shocks/struts
UMI lower control arms and relocation brackets
Borla S-Type axlebacks
Dynatech 1 7/8" longtube headers and catted x-pipe
Dynatech one piece driveshaft
Boss intake manifold with Steeda cold air intake
Brenspeed tunes
Joe Heck Racing shifter, bracket, and clutch line
Continental ExtremeContact DW summer tires 275/40/19

Texas Mile!

In addition to my love for my new 2011 5.0 I have also been spending nearly the past decade restoring a 1967 Fastback. The bodywork is completely done but a lack of funds has stopped progress.

Wow, sweet ride! And welcome to the site I don't know if I've ever bumped into your car on the road, either; but if I do, I'll be sure to wave! I store my black wheels in the winter, so for now, I'm running on the stock rims just like you.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
JMitch

Vienna, nice. My mom lives in Oakton so I've spent a fair amount of time out there.

Quick Reply: Hello from Virginia