New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Forum from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
BroncoTrooper

Good looking car! It's nice to see cars from across the pond!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

The bigger pond....
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM
BroncoTrooper

Originally Posted by Fridge56Vet
The bigger pond....
Good point.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Mr Brooksy

Thanks guys, mine is fairly standard compared to other cars on am Australian Ford forum I'm part of.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Who cares about Mustang not being sold locally? I'm in Europe, not sold here either, but still driving one

Besides that, I know the whole batch of 2002 cobra's was shipped to Australia, which does seem to indicate they are being sold there.

Anyway... hope you get it sorted out properly
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Mr Brooksy

Originally Posted by Neko
Welcome to the forum. Who cares about Mustang not being sold locally? I'm in Europe, not sold here either, but still driving one

Besides that, I know the whole batch of 2002 cobra's was shipped to Australia, which does seem to indicate they are being sold there.

Anyway... hope you get it sorted out properly
Yeah we had a batch of SVT Cobra's but they were way over priced, and not all that popular due to that fact.

There are a few independent importers too, but a GT 5.0 costs approx $100,000 to $150,000 AUD. And it cant match our local Performance Fords bang for buck.

But I figure a direct import to China (when I move) might work as the cost of conversion isnt necessary. But I have about a year to sort it out.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Kind of depends on local legislation. As an example I can only speak for my country, but if I wanted to buy a nice new 2011 GT (I once depressed myself calculating this out), any dealer in the US would ask me around $42.000 for that.

By the time I'd have it shipped to my home, got plates on there, altered everything that required alteration to be road-legal in the EU and put the keys in my hand, the car would've cost me $120.000 as an indicative figure. (or $117.000 AUD).

At that point I still have the gas up, get insurance, pay roadtax, and actually drive around.

Now I'm not sure what China has on import-points, so I can't really fathom what it's going to cost you there - Fun read: http://www.mustangheaven.com/2013/20...tted-in-china/
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
mph07alloy, mate we would love to send our Falcon to you guys as Holden have done with the old Monaro, Pontiac SS and the new Chev SS. Unfortunately us Aussies are fearing that unless we can find an export market that FoMoCo USA allows us to pursue then the current platform may be its last!! But Mustang might help soften the blow for us...
I watched some documentary about the history of the car in Australia and it made me realize that Australians love their cars as much as we do, and that you have a different batch of GMs and Fords that most here know nothing about. I would love to go cruising around here in a FPV Ute or a Holden Ute. People would look at you as if you were in a Ferrari or Aston because they would've never seen one before. I saw something where a guy here converted his G8 back to a Commodore and said he gets asked what it is all the time. I did read a few months ago that GM renewed the El Camino trade mark and speculation was that the Holden Ute may be on its way here...although that rumor was flying around when the G8 first came to the states too.

Last edited by mph07alloy; 02-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

welcome to the site...cool lookin car.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, sweet ride. Welcome to MF.

Quick Reply: New to Forum from Australia