New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

M3 haters come on in ....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Darkone

Default M3 haters come on in ....LOL

I love to work on my cars, in fact I took my 2008 Corvette to 700 hp and did all the maintenance and fixed everything on it myself.

I sold my Corvette and wanted to start a new project. I bought a 2011 M3 and loved the car however I am disappointed and thinking about buying a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0.

Here is the problem
1. NO Service manual. As friggin stupid as that sounds its true. BMW has no service manual. You can sign up for their web page that gives you information for 200 bucks a month...are you kidding me??? Forget it...
2. Cost of parts. Seriously normal parts and performance parts are stupid expensive. Not worth the gains and without a service manual you have to get someone else do it for you....what is the fun in that ..forget it.
3. Seriously overated. The car is a beast , but from every compare and thing I have read the Mustang 5.0 GT beats the M3. So why pay so much for something that isn't even as good as something half its price?? With No service manual and high cost parts?? stupid...
4. M3 owners really are jerks...I have been on the forum and compared to Corvette owners M3 owners are not true car guys. M3 owners don't get their hands dirty, they have performance parts installed for them, take their cars in for all their maintenance etc. ....they bought the car for one reason only - to show off to their friends. Get this they had a thread just discussing what watches they had and how much they cost....losers.

So am I off? Are Mustangs better in every way, easier to work on, service manual, tons of lower cost performance parts allowing you to modify and stomp M3s into the dirt....or am I missing something???
Old 10-30-2013, 07:05 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Check out http://www.americanmuscle.com

You will cry with joy at the vast world of Mustang aftermarket support. I mean think about it, its a car that has had 50 years of continuous production. So your going to find a crap ton of parts.

Just with a CAI and tune, my 2013 5.0 puts out 412hp to the rear wheels and 382 Pounds of torque. Like I told some guy on here a few weeks back about being scared to install his own CAI and do the tune. I am a girl and I put in CAI on in 40 minutes, so man up and do it :P As the CAI did come with all the directions to install......
Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Darkone

Originally Posted by MustangVixenGT
Check out http://www.americanmuscle.com

You will cry with joy at the vast world of Mustang aftermarket support. I mean think about it, its a car that has had 50 years of continuous production. So your going to find a crap ton of parts.

Just with a CAI and tune, my 2013 5.0 puts out 412hp to the rear wheels and 382 Pounds of torque. Like I told some guy on here a few weeks back about being scared to install his own CAI and do the tune. I am a girl and I put in CAI on in 40 minutes, so man up and do it :P As the CAI did come with all the directions to install......
I love it here already!! LOL...
Thanks for the link....wow...tons of stuff...good prices. Loving it..
I put a supercharger in my Vette so this is going to be fun!! LOL

Still gotta find the right stang to buy but am I correct - that I want to get one with the 3.73 rear end gear??
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

No idea :P I have 3.31.... it's fast, I hear they are good will most likely do it at some point. But real life has been getting in the way of playing with my Mustang :P

Cause I still really want to put on longtube headers and X pipe, just cost a lot lol. Besides I need to do some appearance mods before I do anything else with performance.

Me personally not the supercharger kind of girl, thought about it then thought about twin turbos. However Hellions would of been getting way to expensive and I would of been better off just trading up for a Saleen Mustang :P Not to say that I won't ever do it but I have no idea where I was going with that.

But yes in general Mustangs are awesome, better than diamonds in my book but those are nice too :P
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

OH before I forget and if you end up getting one then thing WTF is wrong with my Mustang! There is one thing with the 2011 - 2013's 5.0's that is annoying....

If you go with the 6 speed, the stock shifter is just bollocks, it will try to lock you out of gears when you get on it hard.

However that's fixed with a nice aftermarket MGW shifter
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Darkone

No idea :P I have 3.31.... it's fast, I hear they are good will most likely do it at some point. But real life has been getting in the way of playing with my Mustang :P

Cause I still really want to put on longtube headers and X pipe, just cost a lot lol. Besides I need to do some appearance mods before I do anything else with performance.

Me personally not the supercharger kind of girl, thought about it then thought about twin turbos. However Hellions would of been getting way to expensive and I would of been better off just trading up for a Saleen Mustang :P Not to say that I won't ever do it but I have no idea where I was going with that.

But yes in general Mustangs are awesome, better than diamonds in my book but those are nice too :P
Yea, I read the "track pack" gets you the 3.73 end gear which makes it a little quicker in the quarter. Or get a BOSS and it already has it on...lol
I believe if you had a supercharger on it..you would quickly become a supercharger kind a girl...lol...lot of fun to hear that whistle...Im sure they make centrifugal ones for the stang...had that kind on my Vette ...loved it.
Thanks for the input!! I appreciate the information!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Darkone

OH before I forget and if you end up getting one then thing WTF is wrong with my Mustang! There is one thing with the 2011 - 2013's 5.0's that is annoying....

If you go with the 6 speed, the stock shifter is just bollocks, it will try to lock you out of gears when you get on it hard.

However that's fixed with a nice aftermarket MGW shifter
Good to know..shifter it is...
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Darkone

Anyone out there know an easy way to identify the rear end being a 3.73? Because I got the feeling in looking around, that the dealers and sellers selling older models don't know...is it on a label somewhere on the car or on the differential itself...anyone?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Well, thing that made me look at Hellion Twins was keeping the gas millage ok. Plus no one would hear the twins until they kicked in and beat them hard

You can get up to 1200hp off the twins but would take some serious money to not blow up that Coyote motor :P But an easy 600 to 700 fairly safe.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Darkone
Anyone out there know an easy way to identify the rear end being a 3.73? Because I got the feeling in looking around, that the dealers and sellers selling older models don't know...is it on a label somewhere on the car or on the differential itself...anyone?
Ya it will be wrote on the bottom of the axle if you get under the car

Quick Reply: M3 haters come on in ....LOL