New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 AM
WannabeV8

Smile First car!

Hello all and as my name states, I have a wanna be V8. I have a 2002 V6 mustang with just a few mods at the moment. I bought the car from an older gentleman in 2012 with only 41k miles on it and in excellent shape, as the kid I am I quickly wanted to make it a sick ride with some aftermarket touches, I threw on an aftermarket SR Performance cold air intake ( no biggie ) and then bought Eagle Eye Halos and LED tail lights to match. I needed some extra light after the new headlights and added fog lights... Eventually I tinted out the back windows and proceeded to paint a few trim pieces in the car a shiny chrome color ( WAY TOO BRIGHT IN THE SUN DONT DO IT.) So after not being able to see with the chrome I re-painted them a deep glossy black to set off the stock charcoal black interior. I painted my calipers red to tie the quarter markers and reflectors all together. Just as of this week I bought the black chrome Mustang insert set and tinted out my brake lights. The car has been amazing and i just now got to 50k miles ( I dont drive too much), the only problem ive had was an alternator bearing go bad most likely from sitting in a garage for 2 years with the previous owner! I hope to some day drop the engine in this thing and put some aftermarket heads and air intake with new exhaust and fuel delivery, but i think that may be every mustang owners dream
Old 05-29-2014, 07:46 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on that Mustang. I actually laughed on the chrome interior touches. Live and learn.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the MustangForums and congrats on your first Mustang!

It sounds like you picked up a really clean car with low mileage, which is great. It's always nice to start with a clean body and work from there. Swapping in a v8 engine shouldn't be too hard down the road. You could find a GT donor car that has been in a crash and swap the parts from there. That's probably the cheapest way to reach your goals.

I see you've already started a few exterior mods. Have you changed the wheels yet, or did the car come with aftermarket wheels? If not, that would be my next mod, even before the engine. Nothing beats a clean set of wheels for any Mustang!

I hope you're able to achieve all of your goals for this car. If you need any assistance with tech support or general Mustang questions, I'd be happy to help you!

Shane
Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

You can find the best mustang parts for a V6 at CJponyparts.com & LateModelRestoration.com. They have the best prices and service. Good luck and welcome!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 PM
WannabeV8

Talking

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Welcome to the MustangForums and congrats on your first Mustang!

It sounds like you picked up a really clean car with low mileage, which is great. It's always nice to start with a clean body and work from there. Swapping in a v8 engine shouldn't be too hard down the road. You could find a GT donor car that has been in a crash and swap the parts from there. That's probably the cheapest way to reach your goals.

I see you've already started a few exterior mods. Have you changed the wheels yet, or did the car come with aftermarket wheels? If not, that would be my next mod, even before the engine. Nothing beats a clean set of wheels for any Mustang!

I hope you're able to achieve all of your goals for this car. If you need any assistance with tech support or general Mustang questions, I'd be happy to help you!

Shane
If you could can you check out a newer thread called "Taillight problems/issues" i wanted to post this on AM but since you're here I'll see what you can do!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 PM
WannabeV8

The thread is under general>Ford Mustang mechanics, i bought the taillights from AM a while ago.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:12 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WannabeV8
If you could can you check out a newer thread called "Taillight problems/issues" i wanted to post this on AM but since you're here I'll see what you can do!
Sure thing! I just looked over your thread and responded. Check out my post when you get a chance. If you have more questions about the tail lights, post them on that thread to keep this one on topic.

Shane
Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM
WannabeV8

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on that Mustang. I actually laughed on the chrome interior touches. Live and learn.
I kid you not, I had to wear sunglasses at night! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Welcome aboard.

Quick Reply: First car!