New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I apologize

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:56 AM
t_hamm

Default I apologize

I'd like to take this time to eat some crow. I've always liked the look of the Mustang, but always said that I would never buy one. I've always been a mopar guy. Which is why I loved my Charger R/T. Well, my dad drooled over my car every time he put eyes on it. He asked me that when I got ready to get something else, if I would sell it to him. Of course was my response, you're my pops!! So while clearing everything with the B/C, we sat out yesterday to find a Challenger R /T. A buddy of mine works for a car dealer around the Raleigh, NC area and told me that they have this bad *** stang in the show room. He said it's a beast!! I laughed and said there is no such a thing lol. So he finally convinced me to come look at. I had no intentions of buying a Mustang at all. I get to the dealership, and it's the first thing I see. Very sharp I must say. My buddy tells me "Hamm just take it for a test drive it'll change your life" lol. I agree. Mind you, that the car is inside. Chris gets the keys and starts her up. OMF* Everything in the dealership stopped. This car sounded so good!! I'm still not convinced. I met Chris outside and I hope in. Very clean on the inside. Spotless I would say. So here comes the pep talk. Chris: Hamm this car is a beast, I had a guy drive it last week, and said he would take the v6 because it had to much power. I laughed again. I told him to ride in my Rt and then we'll talk. I go to 1st and I'm like ok...Now my b/c has a dodge dart with a 6 speed and I'm used to driving it. I pop the clutch in hers all the time just to make the tires chirp a little. I'm just messing with Chris and I popped the clutch is this car, that damn car did nothing but burn two strips of rubber across the front of the dealership lol!! I had no idea!! I literally went out of the parking lot, turned this beast around, and told him draw up the paperwork!! I got to have it!!! I'm a changed man. Never will I laugh at the horse again!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:08 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF, and congrats on the purchase. Post up some pics, and what has been done to it.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:19 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the Mustang family!!!! LOL

Come check us out in the "Carolina Regional Chapter", we are a wild bunch from all over North and South Carolina and have a blast!

Post up some pics of "the Beast"...
Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

LOL welcome to the forum and nice story
Old 02-02-2015, 05:05 AM
t_hamm

Thanks for the welcome. I'll put up some pics some time this afternoon.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:51 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Congrats, welcome to the good side lol.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 PM
t_hamm

Here are some outside shots of beast. We'll call her this until I can come up with a better name for her lol. Thanks again for the welcomes! I'll post under the hood pics tomorrow!!
Attached Thumbnails I apologize-2015-02-02-18.08.32.jpg   I apologize-2015-02-02-18.06.50.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 08:30 PM
t_hamm

Quick Reply: I apologize