New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Buying a first Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

well, it looks great. congrats!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Minion
well, it looks great. congrats!
Thanks! I really appreciate it! Now to look for a perfect exhaust setup.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
Thanks! I really appreciate it! Now to look for a perfect exhaust setup.
Not sure of the sound it would be on the V6 but I can highly recommend the Roush Axelback if you are looking for sound. I loved them on my Yellow mustang and I will be getting them again on my Grabber Blue stang.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Minion
Not sure of the sound it would be on the V6 but I can highly recommend the Roush Axelback if you are looking for sound. I loved them on my Yellow mustang and I will be getting them again on my Grabber Blue stang.
I understand "it's a V6" I had custom magnaflow on my pontiac g6 which was a 3.5L

I just ordered the roush axelback from american muscle with a 5% coupon :P I hope it gets here before Saturday. Curious, do you recommend any resonators? I added one to my G6 as it cut out a lot of the higher end rasp. Not sure how it will be on the stang though.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

I've got a pony package as well. The first thing I did was add lowering springs, borla ataks, and air raid CAI. Picked everything up in CL. I also plastidipped the wheels anthracite Greyfor to give them the charcoal AMR look.
Name:  20140411_145603_zps8e296123.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  142.9 KB

Here it is now
Name:  IMAG0052_zps6c363cf0.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  244.0 KB

Added new wheels as well as the roush front end. Lots of other stuff too. These are great cars and you can do a lot of things as long as you have cash
Old 02-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
I've got a pony package as well. The first thing I did was add lowering springs, borla ataks, and air raid CAI. Picked everything up in CL. I also plastidipped the wheels anthracite Greyfor to give them the charcoal AMR look.

Added new wheels as well as the roush front end. Lots of other stuff too. These are great cars and you can do a lot of things as long as you have cash
Sweet man! I like the original rims a lot more though. Also prefer the plasti-dip off.

I do have a question about ur CAI, what model did you get? I'm only looking to do exhaust for now, and maybe a CAI in a couple months down the road, have to save up. I just bought the roush exhaust and will be getting windows tinted darker soon.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:40 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Sweet man! I like the original rims a lot more though. Also prefer the plasti-dip off.

I do have a question about ur CAI, what model did you get? I'm only looking to do exhaust for now, and maybe a CAI in a couple months down the road, have to save up. I just bought the roush exhaust and will be getting windows tinted darker soon.
CAI doesn't do a whole lot without a tune. I've got the air raid intake. The guy I bought it from basically threw it in when I bought his exhaust. Paid $400 for both. Craig's list is a great source for used parts. People upgrade and sell all their stuff off.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

I understand "it's a V6" I had custom magnaflow on my pontiac g6 which was a 3.5L

I just ordered the roush axelback from american muscle with a 5% coupon :P I hope it gets here before Saturday. Curious, do you recommend any resonators? I added one to my G6 as it cut out a lot of the higher end rasp. Not sure how it will be on the stang though.
I never used resonators. But if they filter out the higer notes I might look into them. The deeper the sound the better (for me). I've also always been very happy with the Roush setup so I never even thought about adding anything else to it.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
CAI doesn't do a whole lot without a tune. I've got the air raid intake. The guy I bought it from basically threw it in when I bought his exhaust. Paid $400 for both. Craig's list is a great source for used parts. People upgrade and sell all their stuff off.
Indeed! I'm just hesitant to buy something off craigslist as there are so many scammers on there.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

Indeed! I'm just hesitant to buy something off craigslist as there are so many scammers on there.
Totally, if you can...pick up the part at there house. if someone insists on meeting you at a parking lot...it could be a red flag.

My first Roush axel back exhaust I got for $200.00 and it was pretty much brand new (thanks craigslist)

Quick Reply: Buying a first Mustang!