New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

"Crash Event Storage Full and Locked CMCTC B119300-C0"

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Mikangu

Post "Crash Event Storage Full and Locked CMCTC B119300-C0"

Hi There, I have a 2014 Ford Mustang that I'm repairing after a collision. I have replaced all the Airbag Sensors and Inflator modules that were defective and I have no DTC's appearing except for the "Crash Event Storage Full and Locked CMCTC B119300-C0"

I brought my vehicle to the Ford Dealer in Canada and they were supposed to be able to "Flash the RCM(Restraint Control Module). The Mechanic tried three times and the Ford Diagnostic tool said the Flash was successful, however I still have the same message.

Can anyone tell me why the reflash wouldn't clear out the Crash Data. Is it a case of the EPROM for storing the Crash Dats requires a separate procedure? I understand that all new RCM Modules require a flash to encode the blank Module with the vehicles As Built Data(VIN, AirBag Configuration etc) so the only thing I can deduce is that the Storage Area for the Crash Data is managed differently.

Ford has offered to dig into it, but I am hesitant, because of the cost. I see there are services available on the web to delete the message for a very small fee and it bothers me why Ford can't figure it out.

Sorry for the book,
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

replace the RCM, it records data at the time of the crash/deployment and then locks, its at that point a paperweight, replace with new and reprogram the new one with the correct as built data. i repeat, any and all air bag deployment events require RCM replacement
Old 06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Mikangu

Cool RCM: Crash data was deleted, AirBag light is out and Module Scans come back OK

[QUOTE=jwog666;8490212]replace the RCM, it records data at the time of the crash/deployment and then locks, its at that point a paperweight, replace with new and reprogram the new one with the correct as built data. i repeat, any and all air bag deployment events require RCM replacement[/QUOTE

Hi jwog666, Thanks for your reply, after the Ford Technician was unable to delete the crash data message I decided to have it removed by a Local Air Bag Service. The Dealer did have to recalibrate the OCS Module to Zero the Passenger Occupant Sensor, and I installed the RCM. The Airbag light went out and I verified the operation of the RCM using my scan tool, and also by monitoring the live data from the sensors.

Is their any any reason why you think it should be replaced if the Airbag light is out and the RCM checks out with a scan tool?

thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

i guess you are good then, most of the cars i see with that code need replacement, but maybe this is one of the exceptions, as long as the system proves out and there are no codes you should be good to go