New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

GT500kr parts help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:42 PM
BikeNH

Default GT500kr parts help

Hey guys. Glad to be here. I am hoping someone with wayyy more knowledge than me can help point me in the right direction.

Quick backstory:
My father purchased a blue gt500kr convertible in the mid 1970s. It was in generally poor condition and did not have the original motor, we're pretty sure it was in a crash at some point. It came with lots of extra parts. Needless to say, he sold it in the 1980s for around $28k. He's still upset about it, knowing now how much they are worth.

To get to the point, we still have some parts from it that we need to sell(headlight surrounds, rear taillight assembly, and the trunk lid)

I have absolutely no idea where to start in terms of value or whether or not they are even the factory parts (the only thing that says Shelby is the sticker inside the trunk lid.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, and I wish I could help more, but all I can advise is to start a new thread in the Classics section and see if they'll know more. Good luck

On a car like that, you could also just throw an ad in Hemmings for the parts. It's a higher end catologe that usually bring higher end buyers that may be honest enough to give you a fair price.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:40 AM
BikeNH

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum, and I wish I could help more, but all I can advise is to start a new thread in the Classics section and see if they'll know more. Good luck

On a car like that, you could also just throw an ad in Hemmings for the parts. It's a higher end catologe that usually bring higher end buyers that may be honest enough to give you a fair price.

Thank you very much, that's really helpful info.