New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi there, New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Foxbody_Fool

Default Hi there, New to the forum

Hi, my name is Cody and this is my first time to the Mustang Forums. Im looking to get a FoxBody stang. This will be my first mustang so bear with me if I ask really stupid question. I appologize in advance. I have grown up around imports and imports only. My brother has had 6 Nissan Sentra's (5 SE-R's (B13,B15) 1 SE 2.0) and 1 Toyota Celica GTS. I am a Freshman high school (been 15) but you would be amazed with what I know about cars. I hear all the time about how you should NEVER get a Mustang for a first car, but its all in the driver. I personally don't speed (good thing) and I have grown up with my brother always in trouble for speeding (124 in a 70 [sm=bustedsign.gif]). I dont care to drive crazy cause I dont want to screw up my vehicle. I do admit as EVERYONE does, in the snow, empty parking lot (school one is HUGE), I play around but it is a parking lot with NO curbs and only 2 light poles on the other side of the lot. I dont like stupid gaudy body kits and stupid ricerific stuff. Im pure go before show. I say take it to the track not the streets. I have seen a few CLOSE friends die street racing. My only plans are exhaust for now. Way later maybe some cams and then a year after that a 75 wet shot Nitrous. The cams wont even come in untill my Junior year, or senior. So as I said, im not looking for 500hp to kill myself with. I know some about Mustangs but im not a Mustang guru like some of you guys. So any info about what too look out for and what year(s) was the best for the Fox it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:37 PM
mrstealth1

Default RE: Hi there, New to the forum

welcome friend, well met
Old 01-14-2006, 01:50 AM
alexr
★★★★★

never get a mustang for a first car??? where on earth did you hear that? my stang was my first car, my dad's first car was an 80 stang which he bought right off the lot, and theres tons of people on here who are driving stangs for their first car, or who have previously owned multiple stangs, one of which being their first car.

anywho. go for one between 87-92 if you want a 5.0, 93 is the only year the cobra was offered. and from 90-93 if youre lookin for a 4 banger. if you want performance and better fuel economy stay between 87-93, as the 79-86's were carb'd with less power ratings.

i cant think of much else to say besides that for now. but if i think of anything else ill get back to ya.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Foxbody_Fool

I hear alot of people telling me not to get one because High School kids are dumb and will only go out street racing and kill people bla bla bla. Its ok I dont listen to them anyways. Yes I want a 5.0 but preferrably a LX non hatch. I just love the look of them. Also, is BBK a good exhaust company? Im looking to go with their header, H-pipe(which is better H or X?), and then get some exhaust that goes out possibly right infront of the rear wheels, or maybe just out the back like normal. What kind of power gains can I expect for that? After that and a Intake, what is the next thing I should do?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:27 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Hey Cody,

Here is a stang that I am looking to sell that you might be interested in. Check it out at this linK:

https://mustangforums.com/m_930136/m.../tm.htm#934053
Old 01-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Foxbody_Fool

I don't mind it being modified, but it's all the way in Florida and I live near Kansas City, Missouri. So it's far away. Im looking for a 1987-1993 Mustang 5.0 within 300miles under $5000, so that bumps you out. Sorry, looks nice, would look GREAT with some Pony wheels.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:36 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: Foxbody_Fool

Also, is BBK a good exhaust company?
go with flows or magnaflow. they seem to be the most popular choice for sound/performance/bang for your buck
Old 01-14-2006, 07:39 PM
ekthrilla
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums and good luck.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Foxbody_Fool

I just had seen some with BBK and noticed that they were priced really good. What is better for performance a X or H pipe? I imagine H because it had less bends so less restriction.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:28 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: Foxbody_Fool

I just had seen some with BBK and noticed that they were priced really good. What is better for performance a X or H pipe? I imagine H because it had less bends so less restriction.
i dont know anybody with bbk's but arent they a company that supports the import crowd? if so i cant see them sounding very good. but i have no idea what bbk's are like.

Quick Reply: Hi there, New to the forum