North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:16 PM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

the only way to make changes to the site is to go in and work the site editor. i can give the password and stuff out if people feel comfortable making changes... or i can make changes if you email me..

if BoanHed makes up a new site, with actual html and such it could be a lot better than the freebie template style i used.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM
01BlueCobraVert
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone know if it costs money to form an organization? I mean do you register within the state or can you just make whatever you want up? Cost wise are we going to wait for more people and then get shirts or something made. I know a guy who graduated from my college that started his own shirt printing business. We our having him make up shirts for my soccer team. I think we are getting them done for around 10 bucks a piece.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

Have the domain.
Setup Hosting.
Configuring a database and installing Mambo right now.

I am going to start the setup by pulling from the work that Kastigar has already done.
If you want to send me ay updates, etc. You can email it to BoanHed@gmail.com.

Once I have everything setup, I can create member accounts where you can login and post/update stuff on your own.

In the future I will be able to take and post photos myself (yes, I'm a web guy and photographer), but
if anyone is doing the toy run this weekend, and can take shots that would be GREAT!

Old 12-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Sacmo
2nd Gear Member

Kastigar, good job on the site, looks good... My car is officially in hibernation, not to mention save a few bucks, got a real good shot at buying a '64 1/2... Not sure if I'll be selling my '90 and will be doing a restore on the '64, so I'll be ponyless for awhile... Still interested in the club so lf nobody minds a pick up tagging along....

As far as cost/organization, as long as it's not a money making venture or charity or something along those lines... If you don't have to show where the money is or has gone, you can do whatever you want... A bunch of people getting together, pooling money to get shirts or whatever else is far from that...

Lanman has offered a place to meet, haven't seen any resposes to that... Don't know where thats at, but it may not be a bad place to at least start meeting at...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I saw LANMAN offer too. But that is near Kenneth Square at least an hour drive one way for me.

This is a big city and area. We may be able to support a few chapters in areas that would be accommodating to more people.

I can talk to people around my area but if I told them the meeting place was an hour away they wouldn't be interested.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Or at least having a couple of official meeting places so that the same person doesn't have to drive so far all the time.

We could alternate between the meeting places. I would think 3 or 4 places might do the trick.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 PM
gregbe1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL:
Gregbe1 - If the weather is good I was thinking about that toy run myself. I have been a member of that club.
Are you with the Bad Mustang Club guys?
yes i am, hope you can make it then
Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 AM
EBBS_96_Cobra
2nd Gear Member

Man, don't check this post for a few days and out of nowhere a whole other page starts, wow!

I'm not a member of either of those clubs, but is it possible to still be apart of the whole toy run? From what I've heard, it's supposed to be decent on Sunday, so I'd be interested. Rippin told me about the two clubs, but I forget most of the details about them (really bad memory), so any info on either would be helpful.

Also, as for the gifts. I'm not exactly sure what a child of those ages would really like these days, so will they be collecting money to maybe help pay bills, or even buy gifts the children would definitly like to recieve?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:56 AM
gregbe1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EBBS_96_Cobra

Man, don't check this post for a few days and out of nowhere a whole other page starts, wow!

I'm not a member of either of those clubs, but is it possible to still be apart of the whole toy run? From what I've heard, it's supposed to be decent on Sunday, so I'd be interested. Rippin told me about the two clubs, but I forget most of the details about them (really bad memory), so any info on either would be helpful.

Also, as for the gifts. I'm not exactly sure what a child of those ages would really like these days, so will they be collecting money to maybe help pay bills, or even buy gifts the children would definitly like to recieve?
i'm not a member of the Far North East Cruisers either, have gone to a few car shows they ran,
We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
2400 Old Lincoln Highway , Trevose Pennsylvania 19053. there is a car dealer(Faulkner Cadillac) right near the hotel for a landmark I'll have more info tomorrow on the BMC that we belong to

the more mustangs gathered in one place the better
Old 12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

The Toy run went well, I counted 13 mustangs.

Hey EBBS, I've tried to send an e-mail to the address you gave but got a return sender message. I am not sure if I got it right. If you still have mine, send me a message.

Quick Reply: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club