North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

JPC racing Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default JPC racing Maryland?

Has anyone ever been to this shop? I'm thinking about getting engine work done there.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JPC racing Maryland?

Let me know how this company turns out I would be interested too. I saw there car written up in MM&FF . Hard to find much about them from there website. You still in Hawii mr brian !
didnt you say you were moving to DC soon, or are you here,
Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Yea, I bought my torque converter from these guys. Justin is a very smart man when it comes to the S197. I know he held the record for fastest S197 N/A possibly? However,I have a BUNCH of Ford friends though who have told me to not have work done by JPC. Apparently, my friend with a 5.0 went there to having something fixed and he ended up forming a little fued with them. My other friend with an 04 cobra told me that he hasnt really heard too many good things about JPC. I was going to have them port/polish my headsand install cams, but I dont think I will just yet...They do have the hot rod cams brian, I know you have been looking into those possibly? I am sure they can handle it. If you are doing some serious rebuilding or new cylinder heads and so on and so on... then I dont know if JPC would be the best bet. I hate to say it cause it sounds like I am bashing on JPC... but just my 2 cents...

Personally, I would probably have my car worked on by either JJ at Woodbine or a custom shop up in PA that works on only mustangs. Forget what its called but I can find out. The only thing about Woodbine, is that I am not sure if JJ has delt with the hot rods yet... (if thats what your going for)... But otherwise, JJ knows exactly what is up. I always end up calling him if I have any questions/concerns and so far he has been a pretty damn good guide...
Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

I'm still in Hawaii, I leave here on the 19th of August, go back to Maine for 20 days or so then get to washington on the 12th of Sept. I'm getting the cams done here in Hawaii, I'm actually only hours from bringing my car to the shop to get them done. I was planning on going to JDM in NJ, to get my engine rebuilt in the fall sometime but I wanted to make sure that JPC wasn't a great shop that I didn't know about. But I guess with those review I'll just make the three hour drive up to JDM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I had JPCinstall my TCI TC and when I got home I was nearly 2 qts low on the auto tranny fluid. Fortunately when I had the Paxton installed I went with the deep tranny pan so I had extra fluids to start with. However, without that I'm not sure what would have happened. Just didn't make me feel too positive about them. Just my experience.

For all my work now I use JJ at Woodbine Motorsports. He has been great to work with and the quality of his work for me as been top notch.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

I've bought a few products from JPC and overall they're not too bad. However, I've never had them do any work on my Mustang. Theyare in every MM&FF inone shape or form, and seems like a lot of cars are sponsored or at least have "JPC" on the door... which leads me to believe they are doing something right. Seems like at times you have to try and get information out of them instead of the other way around... but after going in there a few times it seemed as though they warmed up to me. I need some DYNO tuning/Nitroustuning done soon so I'm in limbo between JPC or Woodbine... ???

For some reason at JPC I couldnt help but feel as if I was just a "lil guy" because I'm not rolling in with a supercharged 600+ HP Stang. There definitelyisn't a shortage of hard hitting Mustangs and Cobrasparked outside the shop waiting for work every time I've gone... They are located by some ghetto looking shops. Which makes me wonder why they don't move to a bigger and better location??? Just my 2 cents...

Has anyone dealt with Woodbine when it comes to tuning or gear install?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

No, I havent delt with JJ when it comes to tuning. Im pretty sure he doesnt even have a dyno, however I think he knows other people who he works with to tune... But either way, I wouldnt doubt JJ's tuning abilities. His shop is basically his house, but everytime I have been there, there would be a rack of mustangs or GT500's parked outside getting ready for work...
Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Ya i'm looking to get my engine rebuilt, does JPC even have a machine shop?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Uh, they would probably send a lot of your stuff out and probably end up over charging you slightly. If I were you, I would go up to JDM, I have heard a lot more mustang owners going there rather than JPC. I know I wouldnt trust JPC rebuilding my motor... based off of what I have heard...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:07 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

JPC has THE fastest 3 valve Mustang out there. (8.85?)
They know how to make them go fast for sure!

Quick Reply: JPC racing Maryland?