Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

What product?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 PM
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

Default What product?

What product do you recomend to help restore the color to a faded paint job...i have a 95 laser red GTS and i can make it shine and look good but so far havnt been able to do much to restoring some of the color...(right now its to the point where its almost pink on some parts of the car...)...also i can only do stuff by hand becuase i dont have any type of buffer
Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What product?

You will need a polish to bring back the color and take off the oxidization. Red that is oxidized really bad will turn a pink color.

There is a couple of options. Poorboy's Pro Polish is a great chemical polish that works great at removing oxidization, this is a pure chemical polish and doesn't have any abrassives.

Your other option is to use a light abrassive polish like Poorboy's SSR1 or my Light Polish, these will remove oxidization plus take out light scratches and swirls. All of these polishes will also clean the paint and bring out more shine and reflection. You will have to top this with a wax or sealant to seal in the results.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

if i have your optimum poli-seal alraedy could i use that after i use the light polish..also how would i apply these would it just be the same as the poli-seal where i just use a foam applicator to put it on then buff it off with a microfiber? also which works better...either way im probably going to apply the poli-seal after words which ever option i decide to do
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Have you tried the Poli Seal on it yet? If not I would give that a try before you purchase any other products. That might do the trick, it is also good at removing oxidization. If the Poli Seal doesn't help with the oxidization I would give the Poorboys Pro Polish as shot, I really like using that on oxidized paint.

If the paint still stays pink after using these methods you are looking at paint failure and would need a repaint.

Yes you would put these polishes on with an applicator and then buff them off with a microfiber towel.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:40 PM
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

yeah ive tried the poli-seal it helped some....ok ill place my order for the pro polish once i get another order for the car done in the next couple days...just to make sure i put the poli-seal on it right all you do is put it on with the applicator pad then wait a little bit for it to haze then buff off right? kind of new at this kind of stuff as my old car had really good paint so i didnt have to do all this stuff to it/didnt know i needed to do this stuff to it to protect it and make it look nicer...and the car is probably needing to be repainted but im not goign to do that for a while so right now im just concerned with makign it look as nice as possible
Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

With the Poli Seal just put it on with an applicator and rub it in until it basically disappears. You can put it on the whole car or do a panel at a time. On a paint job that is in good shape you can just rub it on and take right off. If you are working on paint that has oxidization or swirls you want to work it in better.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

Ok thanks for all the help now all i have to do is straighten out the other order i need to do for the car then ill place my order