Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
black 05 gt
1st Gear Member

Default need help

hello,
i am in need of some help in figurung out what to use on my car.
i have the worst/best color for a car, black. i want to get that really deep wet look out of it. my car was recently color sanded and polished, so now i am looking for a good wax/sealant for it. also i would like a good polish for future applications. what do you recomend for it?

i am looking at getting a buffer/polisher to make life easier.
thank you
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Since your car has recently been polished I would recommend going with a glaze and a high end carnauba paste wax to bring out some more depth and wetness to your paint. My OD Wet Glaze is really popular and adds a lot of depth and wetness to the paint plus it has acrylic polymers that will help your wax bond better. For your color I would go with my OD Wet Obsession or Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Purple Haze. My Wet Obsession is very popular on all of the forums I sponsor as well as this one. If you do a search you will fine excellent reviews.

If you want to top the wax with a sealant for added durability I would go with Optimum Opti Seal.

Since you are wanting to get a polisher for future use I would highly recommend going with my Porter Cable/ Meguiars kit or Porter Cable/Optimum kit. Both of these kits will produce excellent results.

Since you are a member here you get 10% off of products and accessories, this doesn't count for items that are already on sale or polisher kits.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Justin
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 AM
black 05 gt
1st Gear Member

thanks for your advice, it looks like i will not be getting a buffer right now (got screwed on taxes) so i want something that will give me good results by hand.

i am looking at getting you od wet glaze, and od wet obsession.
your 4" round dressing applicators look pretty nice for application, but what should i use for removal?

one last thing what is the difference between your od wet wax and od wet obsession?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

To remove the products you want to use a good quality microfiber towel. My Super Fly and Ulra Premium towels are a good choice for this.

The difference between Wet Wax and Wet Obsession is the carnauba content, the Wet Obsession is a high end carnauba wax and you will get a lot more depth and wetness with this wax. With Wet Obsession a little bit goes a long way, you will get 30-35 applications out of one tin.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 PM
black 05 gt
1st Gear Member

just placed a order, can't wait to try it
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black 05 gt
just placed a order, can't wait to try it
Thanks! Let me know what you think!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
jeff007b

I am not trying to sell you anything like some of the other here but I will tell you what I have found to work best. After you have cut and buffed I would definitly go with 3M Imperial hand glaze 5990. It will help take out some of the swirl and give your some great depth to your color. Try to stay off of the buffer too much remeber every time you get on the buffer you are cutting into your clear and slowly stripping it away.
Take Care