Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Autocross

ORIGINAL: ilmor

odo, are you running in F Stock? How are you doing?

I'm running FS in a Shelby..... Going pretty well, so far.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Jennings Racing
2nd Gear Member

lucky you, I don't know how you got in FS with a shelby.I thought the shelby's were modified Gt's wouldn't that put you in ESP.I don't know I'm not up on all the rules,all I can say is you lucky bastard
Then again my last race they put an SS camaro in my classthat the guy sent back to the east coast to have $20,000 in mods done just for autocross he had 315's hoosier A6's all the way around.That car was bad a$$ for a camaro.

For all of you ppl around Nor-Cal October 13th-14th my club is putting on a two day event the 13th will be just for members and media tv,newspaper,radio,and the 14th will be for everyone.Its the last race for our season.Its called Octoberfast.
http://www.trinitytouringclub.com/.So if your around come on out and crush some cones.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Jennings Racing

lucky you, I don't know how you got in FS with a shelby.I thought the shelby's were modified Gt's wouldn't that put you in ESP.I don't know I'm not up on all the rules,all I can say is you lucky bastard
Then again my last race they put an SS camaro in my classthat the guy sent back to the east coast to have $20,000 in mods done just for autocross he had 315's hoosier A6's all the way around.That car was bad a$$ for a camaro.

For all of you ppl around Nor-Cal October 13th-14th my club is putting on a two day event the 13th will be just for members and media tv,newspaper,radio,and the 14th will be for everyone.Its the last race for our season.Its called Octoberfast.
http://www.trinitytouringclub.com/.So if your around come on out and crush some cones.[sm=gears.gif]
Well, I won't be around, because I'm on the east-coast. I might well have been the one responsible for the speed in that Camaro..... I own a Camaro too, and it (and me) arethecurrnet ESP National Champions. I can pretty much swear to you that there aren't $20k in mods in any ESP Camaro (or even SM cars).

As for the Shelby getting into FS. A Z06 is in SuperStockand so are regularCorvettes, andthose two are way more different than the Shelby GT vs. a standard GT..... You can also take an appropriate GT (an '07 California Special w/airbag seats) and convert to Shelby GT specs. And beyond that, there are things a GT does better than a Shelby like slalom and put power down. But the Shelby sweepers better and has a lower Cg and better balance. Back to back testing (of my own) shows a normal GT to be only about .3-.5 back most of the time on a 50+ second course, and sometimes faster on very transitional courses.