Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Kenne Bell 2.6L Polished supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Default Kenne Bell 2.6L Polished supercharger

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $4500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): MT
Item Condition: Used

edit - SOLD! I will leave the rest up for future price reference.

I think I have all the stuff I need to get my engine back to stock now, so this weekend I will be pulling my Kenne Bell 2.6L supercharger off my 2006 Mustang so I can sell it. I have had the car up for sale for a while now, but in this economy it is too tough to come up with the cost of the vehicle plus the cost of the aftermarket stuff, so my plan is to take all the performance gear off and sell it individually and sell the car a little below book, despite all the exterior modifications.

For Sale: Kenne Bell 2.6L Stage 1 polished billet aluminum supercharger, complete kit with about 2000 miles on it. This kit will work on all 2005-2006 with only a fuel line needed (I have to cut a piece off and it probably won't be long enough, you can get it from Kenne Bell or probably at a local auto parts store), or on 2007-2010 with a different idler pulley and belt, also available at Kenne Bell.

The kit includes:
* Polished Billet Aluminum supercharger - 2.6L "Big Bore" twin screw supercharger. This is a self oiled unit capable of 8.5-19 psi of boost on the 4.6 3v motor. (comes with the stage 1 8.5psi pulley)
* Polished Billet Aluminum manifold with "bar and plate" intercooler.
* 39 lb/hr "Cobra" injectors.
* 90mm "Lightning" MAF and housing with competition cone filter assembly and intake tube. This mounts behind the front bumper so you are pulling in outside air instead of under hood hot air.
* Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump.
* Intercooler heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir.
* Relocation brackets for fuse box and PCM and new reservoir for windsheild washer fluid.
* PCV side oil seperator.
* All hoses, clamps, screws, bolts, etc. to make this work.
* 6 rib belt and pulleys (may need to get a different belt and pullies if your car is 2007-2010).
* 2 bottles of supercharger oil (1 full, 1 partially full, you only need about a half for install).

The following is also included, although does not come with the kit from Kenne Bell:

* SCT X3 tuner. The regular tuner that comes with this kit is a basic uploader, but Kenne Bell sent me an X3. I already talked to Ken Christley, KB's tuner, and he said the new owner can send the tuner in along with the technical info (PCM strategy, gear ratios, etc) and he will unlock the unit and load the new tune. (new cost about $379)
* Set of 8 Brisk Racing spark plugs. (new cost $120)
* Pulley wrench for removing and replacing pullies on the supercharger. (new cost $25)
* Fuel gauge adapter with small fuel pressure gauge. (new cost about $90)

For all this, I am asking $4200 plus shipping (should be 2 boxes, about 70 lbs each from 59101).

But wait, there's more:

I also have 3 gauges - An Autometer Boost/Vacuum gauge (20 psi/ 30 in hg), An AEM wideband AF (you will need your own bung, cheap to get), and an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge. I paid around $780 for these 3 and I will include them in the deal for another $400 ($4600 total plus shipping)

I also have an SoS 3 gauge pillar pod for the convertible (charcoal). I will sell this for $75.

Last summer, I made 440 rwhp at 6300 rpm on a dyno (80 degree day), and it was still making power. I know there is a ton of room left in the KB tune, and at my elevation (~3600 ft) the KB tune was a little rich (11.1 AF at WoT, trims pulling 8-14% during regular driving). For $500 you can get the stage 2 throttle body from Kenne Bell, good for another ~20 hp, and drop 1 pulley size to go to 10 psi boost for another 20 rwhp. Combined with a good tune, 480-500 rwhp is not unreasonable at a safe 10psi. If I were keeping the car, I would have already bought the TB and pulley.

As I pull the supercharger, I will label everything that I can so the new owner will have an easier time of installation. The manual is of course included, and is well detailed. Anyone with some basic mechanical skills and a moderate set of tools can do this install without difficulty. It took me about 30 hours total to complete the 550+ steps.

All in, the retail value of everything here is a little over $7000 for the supercharger and accessories, and about $7800 with the gauges. If you are considering a supercharger for your S197, it would be crazy to pass this up.

For payment, I am of course cautious as this is a lot of money. I will accept a cashiers check or personal check as long as you are willing to wait until it clears before I ship. I can do PayPal also, but only if you go full asking price as the 3% fee they hit me with will cost almost $150. With Paypal we are both protected, and I sort of prefer it in a case like this. I have sold a few things here in the past, and everthing was always smooth. Anyone with serious intentions can call me and we can talk. I will post more pictures as the parts come off this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Kenne Bell 2.6L Polished supercharger-engine5.jpg  

Last edited by dkersten; 09-02-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Damnit...you got me considering taking out a loan, something I never do..wow, this is an awesome setup.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

I hear you.. it pains me to consider selling it too, but such is life sometimes. I have a firm offer already, and we should be closing the deal tonight, but I am leaving this up until the deal is done, just in case.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

thats such a sick setup
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Sale Pending (pending money in my pocket hehe). More or less a done deal though.

I will have some more stuff for sale soon, however.. LCA, reloc brackets, adj. UCA, Adj. Panhard, K-member brace w/torque arrestors, and steeda Ultralight springs. I still have a locked Diablosport for sale too. Expect an ad here in about a week or so, depending on how soon I can get it all pulled out.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the sale...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Thanks and congrats to Riptide on his purchase! Best kind of transaction - local and he even helped pull it off..