Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

OEM GT500 Strut Tower Brace 05-12

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Default OEM GT500 Strut Tower Brace 05-12

Category: Accessories
Price: $50
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): NY
Item Condition: Used

Selling my OEM Gt500 Strut Tower Brace. I used this on my 05 V6 for a couple of months. It has some marks and minor scratches (black shows everything) but overall is in good shape. Will obviously fit 07-09 GT500, it fit my 05 V6 easily clearing the manifold cover. Some people with GT's say they had success with it by adding a washer or tipping it the other way, others say they haven't because it won't clear the hood. I have a 67 style aftermarket hood and had no issues with it clearing the hood.

Link to thread discussing install on a GT

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...-brace-461349/

$50 shipped to the lower 48

sorry for upside down pic, photobucket shows it being right side up but it shows up here upside down

Last edited by kgrun4; 01-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

bumps
Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

Default 06 v6

So would this fit a 06 v6 with a stock hood?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:12 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stoneblue
So would this fit a 06 v6 with a stock hood?
It should but sometimes you have to mount it backwards or use washers to clear the plenum. I didnt have to use washers on my 06, but I did have to put it on backwards.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Could we have a better picture of the scrapes/marks?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for pointing that out. My 05 had no problems clearing the manifold, didn't need to use washers or put it on backwards. I also didn't have a problem with it hitting my hood, I noticed a little bit of rubbing on the hood insulator but nothing major or enough to cause the hood to bulge BUT i did have an aftermarket hood on so I can't speak for what its like on the factory hood. From what I read it shouldn't be a problem on the v6's but you may want to do some research to see if there are any hood clearance issues with a factory hood.

For the person who wanted up close pictures I will try to post some up tomorrow after work.

Originally Posted by wcgman
It should but sometimes you have to mount it backwards or use washers to clear the plenum. I didnt have to use washers on my 06, but I did have to put it on backwards.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Pics added with what the scratches look like. Most aren't too bad and only are noticeable because of the gloss black finish, only a few are down to the metal and could be touched up. Though its not perfect, if you set the brace on the ground, you don't even see the scratches. If placed under the hood you would hardly notice the scratches
Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Had this on with my factory hood (and now with the 2.5 Cervini's Cowl) and had no problems with fitment. Rubbed the insulation a little, but no problems with the hood, bulging etc
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for clearing that up! I never had mine on with a factory hood so I couldn't say for sure, but hope that helps out an V6 guys that are interested in it.

Also reason I'm selling is because I got a silver STB to match my car's color for a great price

Originally Posted by Alec
Had this on with my factory hood (and now with the 2.5 Cervini's Cowl) and had no problems with fitment. Rubbed the insulation a little, but no problems with the hood, bulging etc
Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

Default strut

I'll take this off you hands if you still have it.Do you take paypal? If so need info.

Quick Reply: OEM GT500 Strut Tower Brace 05-12