Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

best supercharger for street/s

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 09:50 PM
BLOWN91VERT
1st Gear Member

Default best supercharger for street/s

A-trims can produce more than the 5/6lbs they advertise. I'm running a 7" lower pulley and a 3.12" upper for about 9/10lbs. The main difference between S trim and A-trim is the impeller. A-trim has straight cut vains vs. S-trim having curved ones. That equates to more efficiency producing boost. My A-trim is not as efficient as an S-trim at the same psi level. The added cost from the S-trim kits mainly comes from the timing control unit, discharge tube, etc. that you don't get with the A-trim.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:39 AM
churk13
1st Gear Member

Procharger is making the best superchargers for mustangs right now. Just make sure you get an intercooler. No point in a superchager without an intercooler( can't run any boost). You could run 17 lbs of boost if you bought a stage II kit from procharger. Thats a safe number, maybe 20 or so?????
Old 07-17-2003, 06:44 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

for what a intercooler cost it's not worth it...that will buy lots of ice to cool the beer then put on the intake between runs

the best one is the one you get for free*L*
I run 14-15 pounds on my lil ole vortech no intercooler
Old 07-17-2003, 08:20 PM
churk13
1st Gear Member

It is much safer to run boost with an intercooler. If you are just racing your car and not driving it for long periods of time you are fine without one. Statisics show you can run 5 more pounds of boost safely with a intercooler. It reduces intake temperature, you can keep more timing andyou havea more expaned power band. If you don't agree go read some books. Procharger, Vortech both say the same thing. I have a procharger on my 96 cobra and im running 10 lbs with no problem.If you want to save 900$ don't buy one and run your boost and blow a head gasket or worse its your engine.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:34 PM
BLOWN91VERT
1st Gear Member

Unbelievable! Procharger really has people fooled with their stupid ice cube ad for their blowers. If intercoolers were absolutely necessary every mfg would include them. You want to gain 5/10hp for the $1k extra for V-tech aftercooler? Not me. The heat from a centrifugal at 8/10psi is hardly worth the air to air set up of a Procharger. In fact, bypass it and I bet you pick up some power from removing a restriction. There's a reason Vortech sells way more blowers than Procharger and it's because they beat Paxton/Powerdyne/ATI consistently in tests of simliar blowers. Don't get too exicited about Procharger having intercoolers. I'm certainly not.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:41 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

save the cash and put on some alum heads?
alum rad.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

Never heard anyones point of view quite like yours B91VERT.Very interesting, I am thinking F*** the cooler and probably go with vortech W/O intercooler since I am not planning on running anything more than 8PSI.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:46 AM
churk13
1st Gear Member

Vortech sells more because they are CHEAPER. People love cheap stuff. I have four of my friends had vortech and they swithed over to procharger's and are running and average of 60 more hp at the wheels at the same amount of boost. And if you are saying a non intercooled S/C is as reliable as a intercooled one you must be one of those guys who think they can beat anyone in a race. So what is your S/C giving you anyway hp wise???? If you don't have the money to spend and are going to cut corners on your car why not just go with hp in a bottle. Much cheaper may fit you budget a little better. If you are old enough to even buy it.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:48 AM
99dropTop
2nd Gear Member

buy the intercooler... it will save you in the end.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
churk13
1st Gear Member

And I know a guy running 22lbs of boost on a 95 GT with a modified 8.5 to 1 compression and he hasn't had a problem in 2 years. And it isn't a top fuel dragster. Have any of you guys ever rebuilt a engine or at least put your own parts on a car? And no cold air kits don't count, neither do stickers.

Quick Reply: best supercharger for street/s