Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Twin Turbo vs Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
8Mustang8
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Twin Turbo vs Supercharger

from what i hear the novi 2000 is a great supercharger too. i would go with the turbo too, you can get it now then when you want more power you can just build a stronger engine then put the turbo on that one.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:20 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

10 bucks says he's not doing either in reality.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

Turbos whether single or twin> supercharger IMO. They are more expensive but well worth it. Dont just go by the manufacturers' numbers they advertise. You can turn up the boost on either to get more hp once you forge the internals.
nothing like advice from a voice of experience

He will get in way over his head with the tt kit. What about the $ for the rear end and the transmission that kinda power is going to destroy? Hope he has an experieinced installer and tuner available to him. He is going to need suspension mods for any remote hoep of getting that power to the ground, drag radials just aint gonna do it. It seems like unless you have 20K available, tt cant be done correctly based on all the support you will need.

+1 with nanaki, another dreamer. Hope it works out though, would be a fun project.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
itzztrick

Twins all the way
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
s3cret_stang
2nd Gear Member

Is there anyone here that actualy OWNS a TT. Nanaki seems like he is talking of experience with superchargers, but no one has told me they own a tt. I know a twin turbo would give me alot more power if I built the engine for it but keep in mind the budget of 8-9k. If im gonna pay 8k to buy a tt, install, and tune then whats the point if I cant use all the power and im going to damage my car. I dont have a 20k budget for this car and I wont for a while atleast 4 or 5 years after im done with school and im situated in a steady career. Which at that time couldnt I just get rid of the supercharger and buy a turbo? I would like to hear from someone that owns a tt for more than a year and used my budget with it. For now it seems like a supercharger is the way to go..now time to decide between Vortech, KB, and Procharger. Thanks again for all the input
Old 11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

Turbos whether single or twin> supercharger IMO. They are more expensive but well worth it. Dont just go by the manufacturers' numbers they advertise. You can turn up the boost on either to get more hp once you forge the internals.
nothing like advice from a voice of experience

He will get in way over his head with the tt kit. What about the $ for the rear end and the transmission that kinda power is going to destroy? Hope he has an experieinced installer and tuner available to him. He is going to need suspension mods for any remote hoep of getting that power to the ground, drag radials just aint gonna do it. It seems like unless you have 20K available, tt cant be done correctly based on all the support you will need.

+1 with nanaki, another dreamer. Hope it works out though, would be a fun project.
+1 on both. When I was at the shop talking about doing either turbo or supercharger, the turbo experts told me the $7k I was looking to spend was just a down payment for a turbo'd Mustang if done correctly. I went with the supercharged setup, make just under 400 rwhp, and had a little change left over. I could have done it myself and had even more left over but I let the pros handle it. I still need to throw a g or two into my suspension to take better advantage of the power. S/C means clutch and SFC's while turbo means a whole lot more.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s3cret_stang

Is there anyone here that actualy OWNS a TT. Nanaki seems like he is talking of experience with superchargers, but no one has told me they own a tt. I know a twin turbo would give me alot more power if I built the engine for it but keep in mind the budget of 8-9k. If im gonna pay 8k to buy a tt, install, and tune then whats the point if I cant use all the power and im going to damage my car. I dont have a 20k budget for this car and I wont for a while atleast 4 or 5 years after im done with school and im situated in a steady career. Which at that time couldnt I just get rid of the supercharger and buy a turbo? I would like to hear from someone that owns a tt for more than a year and used my budget with it. For now it seems like a supercharger is the way to go..now time to decide between Vortech, KB, and Procharger. Thanks again for all the input
supercharger=constant boost..meaning more strain on your engine,having to change pullies for extra boost,great for everyday driving..turbo=only boost in higher rpms,the turn of a *** controls how much boost you want,you can make more power with less psi from a turbo because it takes no power to make power,a little more expensive..good luck
Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: mysticsvtcobra96

supercharger=constant boost..meaning more strain on your engine,having to change pullies for extra boost,great for everyday driving..turbo=only boost in higher rpms,the turn of a *** controls how much boost you want,you can make more power with less psi from a turbo because it takes no power to make power,a little more expensive..good luck
research a little better next time. centrifugal superchargers are just belt driven turbos. they don't even start to build boost until about 3k rpm.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

research a little better next time. centrifugal superchargers are just belt driven turbos. they don't even start to build boost until about 3k rpm.
research eh?..does it have a belt on it?..theres no need to research...
Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: nanaki

research eh?..does it have a belt on it?..theres no need to research...
read your post. you say superchargers are under boost ALL THE TIME. this is false. as i said, centri's don't even start to build boost til about 3000rpm and aren't at max boost until damn near redline. so they are NOT under boost all the time as you stated.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo vs Supercharger