Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:35 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default What to do next?

OK boys and girls. I just got my SLP Loudmouths installed over the weekend. God damn they sound good. I pulled into a sheetz gas station last night to get a drink and i'm rev'ing and ****. Apparently there was a cop there. After I parked I saw his cruiser parked in the other set of parking spaces. I got outa my car and he started coming towards me. I figured "Oh ****! He's gonna ticket me." He just came up and said, "If that thing didn't sound so good, I'd ticket you." We both started laughing. Took a minute, but then i recognized him, he was a friend of my mom and was just ****in with me. Wanted to see if I remembered him.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. I got them Loudmouths installed. What should I go for next? I was thinking a new intake of sorts or an SLP X-Pipe or something else given yalls recomendation. What would give me the most gain? I was thinkin X just so that I can get rid of the rest of that stock crap that's on there.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Shaggy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do next?

its gotta be the best sounding exhaust ive heard. ive got the cat-back and x-pipe on my 03. the x-pipe will give you a nice little boost in your seat but unfortunatly in my opinion it looses just alittle bit of sound quality. everyone i know tells me it sounds badass, but from inside the car it seems to have a tiny rasp around 3 grand. but everyone else loves it so whatever, i think its worth it though. its not anoying its just more open with the x so it resonates alittle more and thats just the nature of the beast. ive heard other companys X's and theyve got the same thing. its just deeper with the stock h-pipe cause its more restrictive, but definatly a badass system. SLP did it right.

i had a county cop pull up next to me after i floored it down a main road and almost **** my pants when i turned over to see him. he looked at me and said "do me a favor, keep it down, sounds good though!" that was one of the coolest things that ever happened to me.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:55 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

nothing like a cool cop
Old 10-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Shaggy
2nd Gear Member

hell yeah, i forgot to add in that the sargent of 3rd shift in my town is a mustang owner, friend and one of the coolest cops i know. i havent met many cops willing to race (but dont tell him i said that lol)
Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

which x-pipe did you get? did you get the SLP catted X? i was lookin at that at mustang tuning, but damn, $400. i've heard that the x-pipe with the SLP loudmouths actually makes it sound better at WOT than an H. do you notice a huge difference in the way it sounds going to an X from the stock H? i love how i can feel the vibrations on my rump when i start moving. it puts a smile on my face for various reasons.

oh, and did you x just slide right in? mustang tuning says i need some extending harness for my O2 sensor. where would i get that from and how much?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:33 AM
Shaggy
2nd Gear Member

not a huge difference in sound and its mostly opinionated. like i said everyone i know loves it and so do i but i prefer the deepness without the x but the x is definatly worth it. yes i did get the slp catted x (full assembly, for stock manifolds) i didnt need the extensions and mines an 03 so i dont see why you would. i got all my stuff straight from slp, slponline.com, great people and they have the extensions if you need them. it more or less slid in, needed some persuasion from my buddy and i but it wasnt hard. id recommend having a shop do it unless youve got acces to a lift. i did the cat-back with jack stands with no prob but with the angle you have to reach to unbolt the h form the manifolds is painfull on your back so i went to my buddys shop only took like half an hour. and i know the smile your talking about!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:57 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

think i'm gonna get the slp catted x then. just gotta wait. i was reading mustangtuning.com and it says the 04 models need some O2 harnesses or somethin.