Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

$1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 PM
EdGe_wannabe

Yea, the question was a little off, but what I'm mostly asking is that I can't seem to 'break up' the kit for my 1997 like the starter of the thread did for his 1999-2004.

Brenton
Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Hey guys im back from hibernation again. I just wanted to say I think its awesome that so many people have been able to use the information in this thread. Everyones setups look great! I am so proud that it has been useful here. Actually im suprised that the sales department at vortech hasnt sent me any nasty emails about it lol.

Just to let you guys know....I sold that kit to a guy for $2300. So I actually made money on the kit and got about 25k miles of fun out of it. I pieced together another kit and sold it for the same price. Saved up a little more money over the summer and bought a Hellion turbo kit. It has the 62mm turbo with UPR k member and coilovers. Sad thing happened and I blew the motor on the dyno making 509wtq at 3100rpm. Bought a DSS super mod shortblock, ported the heads out myself, put valvesprings in it and had a few more things done. Just got the new motor in about 3 weeks ago. Im hoping for 600whp when it hits the dyno.

Jeez some of the guys who made kits on here are making more HP than I was! I was running about 360whp on 8psi non intercooled!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DiZzyBonne
I know this has been asked a million times, but I'd rather ask and get it right than guess and **** it all up.

I have a bone stock 2001 Bullitt, save for a Bassani catted X-pipe and Borla Stinger catbacks. Now I figured out that instead of getting the Vortech Discharge Assembly for 1996-2004 Ford Mustang GT with 4.6L (Satin), I should get the Vortech Discharge Assembly for 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt with 4.6L (Satin). The 2001 Bullitt also has a different alternator, and other minor stuff. For example, Kenne Bell says the kit for the GT won't fit on the Bullitt because of the alternator, and other minor stuff - but obviously if I purchased the correct mounting accessories it wouldn't be a problem. Now, with this kit you linked us to, is there ANYTHING else I need to know to get it to fit on my Bullitt?

Also, what about supporting mods? Now I know I need a fuel pump - or a Kenne Bell BAP (what do you guys recommend?) - 42# injectors, spark plugs, and a 90mm MAF along with an IAT sensor. Is there ANYTHING else I might be missing? What gap should the spark plugs be? Another thing, I'm not sure if the Bullitt has a different MAF, so do I need one?

My final few questions; did you change your MAF? The reason I ask is because you said your car had the IAC sensor built it. Lastly, do you know if my car - '01 Bullitt - has the IAC sensor built in?

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
Yes you still need the 90mm lightning maf, everything else is the same besides the discharge tube. the spark plugs I gapped them at .032. The BAP is pretty good but I would rather rely on an svt focus pump. If you dont have an IAT sensor plugged into your intake tube then that means you have it built into your maf. You should just simply splice into the correct wire on the maf harness and wire it into an external sensor.

Originally Posted by NeedaTerminator
A friend of mine has a 99-04 Mustang V6 and he wanted me to find out some info from you guys about supercharging / turbocharging his car. I told him about this $1500 Vortech and he is interested in that but will the components listed work for a V6 car? And how long will install take getting all of these DIY parts? We have an experienced mechanic at the helm, but he doesnt want his parents to know lol
search back through this thread. I listed the complete parts list for the v6 cars in here somewhere. A couple guys had already asked about it and yes it can be done cheaply also.

Originally Posted by EdGe_wannabe
Ok, I've got a quick question.

Which headunit does this work with S-trim only? Is there anything better than the s-trim or what kind of power is it capable of making? I tried breaking the parts up for the 96-98, but I can't seem to figure out how to buy them separate like the 99-04 kit. Help!

I'm looking to do this on my '97 GT 2v.

Thanks in advance!

Brenton
you can use any S, SQ, E, T, JT, YSI, V1,V2, or V3 trims with the bracket that comes in these kits. Only CCW (counter clockwise) units will work. The s-trim is good for about 600whp max. You can get the 96-98 parts on superchargersonline.com. Just search through their online catalog to find the different parts. The seperated parts are under the "accessories" at the top of the home page.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
EdGe_wannabe

Ahhhh, I found everything and printed it out. Now I just need to find a headunit. muahahahahaha

Brenton
Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
bullitt15
2nd Gear Member

thanks to this thread and frostbitten my bullitt is now blown!
with a used v-1, 3.6" pulley, boost pipe, 90mm maf, bbk long tubes and catted h-pipe and stock catback it made 370 at the wheels at~6000rpm. can't remember the torque and i lost my dyno sheet, but im pretty sure it was right around 370 it made 8 pounds of boost which is good considering the impeller had a bent fin on the edge. i haven't really been able to beat on it because of my trans x-member. i did do some 3rd and 4th gear pulls though. its quick but i still want more! i think i'll end up putting a 1 or 2 size smaller pulley on it but that still won't be enough. in the next year i'll be saving for an engine swap. a 302/347 turbo, terminator motor with kb, ls1, ls2 or ls3 with a carb and turbo.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
TorchRedGT04

I have a quick question, can I get a AFM powerpipe, instead of buying the air intake assembly from the link? Would the Powerpipe come with everything else I need to install it?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:29 AM
v8.GT Stang
1st Gear Member

thanks alot man .. iam going to do it later when i have some cash ..

thanks again
Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
1sinister93cobra
1st Gear Member

$700 to put my kit together without a powerpipe and a head unit and all new
frostbitten ftmfw
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 AM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRedGT04
I have a quick question, can I get a AFM powerpipe, instead of buying the air intake assembly from the link? Would the Powerpipe come with everything else I need to install it?
yes, and the PP should come with the necessary couplers and clamps. If your running draw-through (MAF will be inside the fender well) then you might want to get the correct MAF support bracket so that the MAF and filter arent just haning in the air.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Lt_JWS

I have a quick question, i live in a rural area...(SW VA) and i dont know of any dyno's around.... This might be a stupid question but how much power could i make without upgrading my fuel system or MAF? Would it even work and would the car even run without some sort of PCM tuning?

Quick Reply: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"