Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Turbo Gauges Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

Default Turbo Gauges Question

whats up guys, im putting the hellion/brenspeed turbo kit onto my car this month and im wondering what are the most important guages to have in the car? i already figured boost and a/f, what else do you guys recommmend?

thanks
vinny
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
1991LX5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo Gauges Question

i would say most usefull would be

1.A/F
2.boost
3.fuel pressure
4.oil pressure

I went with boost, fuel pressure, and oil pressure. If i would have had the funds at the time i would have gone with the wideband A/F
Old 12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

^^^ I would agree w/ 1,2,&3 above. I think boost and fuel pressure are the most important. AF is too but, I have less interest in that personally. All are critical to tuning and safety.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

if it were me i would leave the A/f on the bottom of the chart and replace it with an exhaust gas temp gauge, at the dyno you can use the dynos exhaust gas analyizer to read a/f ratio but you cant see EGT's, EGT's are a huge part of tuning.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

egts?? i always tohough af was important cause my car will be a daily driver so i would wanna make sure its running right everyday i turn it on. what do you guys recommend for mounting solution and guaging for an 05 gt? i wanna have a nice clean look.

thank you
vinny
Old 12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Erm the wideband is the single most important gauge on any FI application. Remember air/fuel ratios change daily due to the changes in the weather, barometric pressure, bad gas, humidity, temperature etc etc. Who ever says a wideband is the least important gauge has no idea wtf they are saying. The most imporant gauge is the wideband, fuel pressure and pyrometer (exhaust gases temperature gauge) The boost is important but only after those 3. The only thing a boost gauge will show u is if there is a leak on the system, if ur are s/c if the belt is slipping and thats about it. Not as important to conserve ur engine as a wideband is.

Andrew
Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

meh.. fuel pressure isn't all that great. by the time you realize there's a problem, it's already too late.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nanaki

meh.. fuel pressure isn't all that great. by the time you realize there's a problem, it's already too late.

Yes but if you are sitting @ traffic and you see your fuel pressure being eratic you know already not to hammer the pedal

andrew
Old 12-22-2007, 12:05 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: nanaki

Yes but if you are sitting @ traffic and you see your fuel pressure being eratic you know already not to hammer the pedal

andrew
touche
Old 12-22-2007, 01:45 PM
ProCrsh
1st Gear Member

wow you guys know everything thank you very much. my biggest concern is exactly what androdz said about your jus at a light and something happens i wanna know cause teh turbo was expensive enough so i cant lay out for a motor build yet. thank you again guys, very much. i gotta figure out mounting solution next.

Vinny

Quick Reply: Turbo Gauges Question