Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Opinions about Magnaflow exhaust systems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 AM
izoz351

Default RE: Opinions about Magnaflow exhaust systems.

I have the magnaflow catback system with a Dr. Gas X-pipe. I really reccomend this to anyone. Great sound and a real head turner. I have only good things to say about this setup!! Highly reccomended.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangZally

This is a sign from GOD. I just ordered Magnapacks for my 2003 GT and I hoped I didn't make a mistake. Thanks to all for your input.Now, I can sleep tonight. What after market midpipe would you recommend? I am going to pull it apart this weekend, and I would like to do it right the first time. Thanks, Mike
I'm in the same situation that you are. I'm leaning toward the Mustang Tuning O/R X because its only 165 bucks and most people say that its just as good as any other mid pipe. http://www.mustangtuning.com/mutux9gt.html

once i get over the fear that this is going to be extremly loud ill buy it.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MustangZally

This is a sign from GOD. I just ordered Magnapacks for my 2003 GT and I hoped I didn't make a mistake. Thanks to all for your input.Now, I can sleep tonight. What after market midpipe would you recommend? I am going to pull it apart this weekend, and I would like to do it right the first time. Thanks, Mike
I have some soundclips of my old Magnapacks. They will help put your fears to rest.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:48 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Would love to hear this next to my pro-chamber. Sound clips don't do them justice though.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:38 PM
r3gan
1st Gear Member

So if I get the MustangTuning.com Catted X-Pipe, will I still need to get the MILs because it's not the stock pipe?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: r3gan

So if I get the MustangTuning.com Catted X-Pipe, will I still need to get the MILs because it's not the stock pipe?
no, you won't need MILs unless it's an o/r midpipe. if you have an 04GT, you will need to buy some O2 extension harnesses which are about $30 or something.

i like my magnaflow catted X. i was looking at the mustangtuning X but decided not to get it. aluminized + winter + salt = no thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:06 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Here is a link to my GT that was just totaled. Mac LT headers, A Bassani X pipe and Magnaflow weld-in mufflers.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:09 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

oh crap jd!! i saw that post in off topic and thought it was someone else's. good luck with the settlement. it took my mom almost 2 years to get money out of an accident. need vidz of the cobra when you get it.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

No problem. The guy said all the races he has done with the car was against Crotch Rockets and he has yet to lose to one. So I will get a few vids of that.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

600+RWHP would scare me sh!tless. i think 400 is a nice round number for me to stop at. if i ever get there.

Quick Reply: Opinions about Magnaflow exhaust systems.