Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

flash file for vortech

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 PM
purpleking101

Default flash file for vortech

Hey all. my 02 GT has av-1 vortech,which was on it when I bought it, 42 lb injectors, 75mm throttle body and a upr x pipe with no cats. THe flasher that came in the trunk is an SCT with a "Mongoose" named flash in it.

The question is:Is this what vortech sends you when you buy the charger? Is it setup for the injectors and pipe? Is this how you calibrate the speedo(has 4:10's)through the flash file. Thinking about putting in the stock gears....

I want to know, because I had a 01 GT with an SLP loudmouth2 and I loved the way the car sounded. It was all stock,sans the SLP. I put my slp on this 02, and due to the charger and no cats, it sounds good at cruising or all the way to the wood, but at slight boost it sounds like a baseball card in spokes of a bicycle.

Can I put the stock H pipe and cats back on with the Vortech? Is anybody running that setup and how does it go and sound?

I know its a lot of info in one writing(I even have more) but this is a good start. Thanks. The pic is of my 01.....RV with no brakes...ouch![:'(]
Old 07-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: flash file for vortech

ORIGINAL: purpleking101

Hey all. my 02 GT has av-1 vortech,which was on it when I bought it, 42 lb injectors, 75mm throttle body and a upr x pipe with no cats. THe flasher that came in the trunk is an SCT with a "Mongoose" named flash in it.

The question is:Is this what vortech sends you when you buy the charger? Is it setup for the injectors and pipe? Is this how you calibrate the speedo(has 4:10's)through the flash file. Thinking about putting in the stock gears....

I want to know, because I had a 01 GT with an SLP loudmouth2 and I loved the way the car sounded. It was all stock,sans the SLP. I put my slp on this 02, and due to the charger and no cats, it sounds good at cruising or all the way to the wood, but at slight boost it sounds like a baseball card in spokes of a bicycle.

Can I put the stock H pipe and cats back on with the Vortech? Is anybody running that setup and how does it go and sound?

I know its a lot of info in one writing(I even have more) but this is a good start. Thanks. The pic is of my 01.....RV with no brakes...ouch![:'(]
1. No, this is not what vortech sends with their kits. Your car has the mongoose kit from www.modularpowerhouse.com and has been custom tuned with the handheld tuner that you found in your trunk.

2. Yes, Tim (from MPH.com) should have tuned the vehicle with all the aftermarket parts. If you can get the previous owner's name and contact MPH they should be able to tell you how the car was tuned and make any changes if you need them. like changing exhaust etc.

3. Yes, the handheld it what you use to cal the speedo with a gear change. I wouldn't recommend going back to the stock 3.27s. If you must change then go to 3.90s or 3.73s at the lowest.

4. Any exhaust will sound different after the car was supercharged, so you can't compare your 01 to your 02.

5. Yes, you can install the factory H if you want but why would you want to have 4 cats on the car? This will drop the power a lot, go with a high flow H. Im running BBK ceramic coated LTs, a BBK catted mid and a MAC catback exhaust which sounds really good in my opinion.

d. I think I answered all your questions
Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 AM
purpleking101

Default RE: flash file for vortech

Awesome response, thanks! Good to know about the tuner, and I do have the previous owners name, so I'll be checking that out.After I posted this last night, I saw a good thread about the x or h debate. Liking the idea of the perf H pipe, to try and get a deeper sound. The car came with a MAC catback, but that was hella loud(all my friends liked it though), and kept loosening up on me, so I changed. Thanks again.