Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

1998 toyota supra front clip import?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 AM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

Default 1998 toyota supra front clip import?

So here i face the dilema....a friend of mine is filling a 20ft container(those big metal boxes you see coming of the boats at ports) and asked me a very tempting question....he has a 1998 front clip from a toyota supra that he would import from japan for me. so basically id pull out the 2jz-ge and drop in the Aristo 2jz-gte counterpart, (with less miles then what i have now) and obviously with the twins. its tempting considering that its a little over 2k, plus he has the know how to swap the motors...where as id be spending over that to do the single turbo set up im looking at. it would produce more power to go with the turbo set up but again, the gte has way more potential in the long run....and for christ sake would be sick as **** to be running a supra in my IS. just looking for some input and see how you guys would go about it.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 AM
1fast5OH
2nd Gear Member

do it!!!! and spend the extra money on bpu that would be sick!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:20 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

haha you talked me into it. im actually in the process of making it happen, we have it for 2200. with the auto trans as well. plus were talking to his supplier and looking at taking the rear differential off the supra as well. so yeah new spring project in the works.... btw 1fast50h thats one sick cobra^^^ damn!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. That sounds like normal pricing... I got a quote on one for a friend that came to $2050 shipped to my door from overseas for the exact same engine. Ended up going with one locally though.

If it's coming with a transmission or computer along with it, i'd so go for it. If not i'd say that's not that good of a deal.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

actually its a steal, because unlike coming with the engine alone it comes with all the engine bay, so all the wiring will still be in tact. plus the tranny, plus the rear differential being added. for 2200 so if you can find me all that for less, let me know. cuz id do it.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

and were using an AEM computer in the swap for various reasons.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Oh if it comes with all that then i'd say definitely go for it. For all that, it's a hell of a deal. In order to find that stuff cheaper you have to visit junkyards often. Stuff like that tends to get snatched pretty quickly.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
2jzBrett
1st Gear Member

haha yeah thats true, and let me tell you, finding a supra let alone one that isnt totally gutted in a junk yard is like finding oil in your back yard.....haha
Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
foursixblurrrr03
2nd Gear Member

Brett...do it! Just please, please, please for the love of god keep the auto and the twins. I don't want to still beat you in a drag race because you have a turbo that takes an hour and a half to spool!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2jzBrett
So here i face the dilema....a friend of mine is filling a 20ft container(those big metal boxes you see coming of the boats at ports) and asked me a very tempting question....he has a 1998 front clip from a toyota supra that he would import from japan for me. so basically id pull out the 2jz-ge and drop in the Aristo 2jz-gte counterpart, (with less miles then what i have now) and obviously with the twins. its tempting considering that its a little over 2k, plus he has the know how to swap the motors...where as id be spending over that to do the single turbo set up im looking at. it would produce more power to go with the turbo set up but again, the gte has way more potential in the long run....and for christ sake would be sick as **** to be running a supra in my IS. just looking for some input and see how you guys would go about it.
Did I miss something? Is the header on this forum "RICERFORUMS"? I guess this is the 'IMPORT TECH' section.

After reading and rereading the alphabet soup above, I say what you need to do is do a body kit in C4 (that's high explosive, btw, not a transmission), and blow it away. K thanks bye.

Quick Reply: 1998 toyota supra front clip import?