Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

A couple of nitrous questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Mjwarren00
1st Gear Member

Default A couple of nitrous questions...

I just bought a Zex kit with the remote opener, warmer, window switch, LED purge kit, and cup holder switch. My question is I just talked to Doug at bama chips and he wrote a 93 race tune for me a few months ago and says that the tune will work up to a 100 shot and to just make sure and set the window switch for an RPM of 2500-5900. Has anyone else ran one of his tunes on a 100 shot of nitrous? What would I need to do if I decided to go up to a 125-150? Anyone with similar set ups please let me know how it runs for you...btw 06 gt and thanks.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Fobra
Banned

wet or dry?

I wouldnt run nitrous unless I didn't care if I blew it up, people swear up and down by it until it blows, you have a nice car... thats my fair warning.

that said 100 wet shot be perfectly safe, for a dry shot youll need a tune
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

By the time you 2500 rpms the timing has been advanced as much as it will go so the 100 shot will be safe. If you go to a 125 you need to take 2 degrees of timing out. If you don't want to get it retuned just get a timing adjuster and retard it that way.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
wet or dry?

I wouldnt run nitrous unless I didn't care if I blew it up, people swear up and down by it until it blows, you have a nice car... thats my fair warning.

that said 100 wet shot be perfectly safe, for a dry shot youll need a tune

lol, first you tell him that in your opinion his car is going to blow up.... then in your second line you tell him a 100 shot is perfectly safe?
you obviously can't get your facts straight but at least get your own opinion straight?

n2o is a more than safe power adder with a dyno tune. it is extremely important to know your air fuel ratio while on spray before you just go spraying all the time. i would never spray without a dyno tune first, there is just no way of knowin whats going on without it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Fobra
Banned

obviously i left out the word "can" in the sentence "can be made to be perfectly safe"... meant in a real world sense.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Fobra
Banned

however, I'll give an A effort in trolldom
Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
obviously i left out the word "can" in the sentence "can be made to be perfectly safe"... meant in a real world sense.
lol, either way, whether you say it CAN be or it IS... the point is, if the correct precautions are taken, it is a SAFE way to make power.

"meant in a real world sense"... what does that mean? in your world it is not safe?

excuse me for commenting.... i guess i should just shut up and let people like you give people the wrong ideas. give him the FACTS and let him decide on his own.

Last edited by lilc1511; 03-23-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: unnecessary name calling
Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Booya! Lol.

Go with a wet kit, use a window switch, activate the nitrous at 3000 rpms and shut it off at 5800. Spray it with a 100 shot and you have nothing to worry about. No tune needed for that.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Mjwarren00
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really do appreciate the imput. I think I'll keep the tune I have on it adjust the timing back just a touch add the colder plugs that came with it and then see how it runs if I don't like it I'll take it to the tune shop get a pro tune and dyno done. Thanks again
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by lilc1511
lol, either way, whether you say it CAN be or it IS... the point is, if the correct precautions are taken, it is a SAFE way to make power.

"meant in a real world sense"... what does that mean? in your world it is not safe?

excuse me for commenting.... i guess i should just shut up and let people like you give people the wrong ideas. give him the FACTS and let him decide on his own.

I can't count many blown motors Ive seen from "safe" nitrous systems....

see you on the side of the road have a nice day

Quick Reply: A couple of nitrous questions...