Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 AM
orange5.0fox
1st Gear Member

Default Turbo ?

so I'm starting to piece my 90 5.0 turbo system together.. So far I have afr165 heads trickflow r intake a masterpower t70 turbo and intercooler 60# injectors fuel regulator and 255 fuel pump.. Will all that work fine together? And as far as ignition bov/wastgate what do should I get. Anything else I need to know or that I'm forgeting let me know. Thanks for the help
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Tial wastegates are great, same thing with thier BOVs. Can't go wrong there.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:38 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I 2nd the Tial stuff it is real nice stuff. I have just been running the stock ignition. all but the coil and I don't think it makes a bit of difference but I have been 10.30 and well into 18psi of boost.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

i have the mallory hi fire 6 digital box with msd coil and summit billet dizzy.i like the mallory box because it has built in 2 step,start retard,window switch,etc. and no pills all digital push button.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM
orange5.0fox
1st Gear Member

yeah I have heard alot of good things about tial products. What size bov would work best with my setup. And should I place the bov before or after the turbo... Also what do you mean by "window switch" or "pills"
Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by orange5.0fox
yeah I have heard alot of good things about tial products. What size bov would work best with my setup. And should I place the bov before or after the turbo... Also what do you mean by "window switch" or "pills"

What size turbo and how much boost are you planning on running? I'm not very familiar with mustang FI (I'm a honda guy obviously) but that info will be needed in order to be able to see what size needs run. I'd say probably a 44mm gate. You have to place the blow off valve after the the turbo somewhere on the the piping. The reason you need a blow off valve is to prevent compressor surge. That happens when your throttle plate closes and all that boost has no where to go except back to the turbo causing it to stop spinning which is bad for the turbo, and hurts your performance because the turbo can't stay spinning in between shifts. A BOV wouldn't do anything if it was placed behind the turbo.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
orange5.0fox
1st Gear Member

Sorry I ment to ask should I put the bov before or after the intercooler or does it matter. i have a masterpower t70 turbo And plan on running 8 to 10# but also want to up it a little if I go to the track. Also around what rwh should I be putting out with 8# of boost. Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

window switch is a switch that comes on at a set rpm and off at a set rpm. say you had a meth injection or nitrous.set it to come on or activate at 2500rpm and shut off at 5500rpm.the area between 2500 and 5500 is the window. anything over or under the nitrous wont work

a pill is a set rpm for msd boxes.buy one pill at 5500rpm and one at 2500.if you want to change that rpm you will have to buy more pills.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:49 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

o yah . as long as the bov is before the mass air meter it doesnt matter where it goes. after the meter. (the pipe from mas meter to t.b) the air is already metered. so it can cause a rich situation when the blow off releases air
Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

Sorry I ment to ask should I put the bov before or after the intercooler or does it matter. i have a masterpower t70 turbo And plan on running 8 to 10# but also want to up it a little if I go to the track. Also around what rwh should I be putting out with 8# of boost. Thanks
with 8-10 psi a 44mm might be overkill.id go with a 38mm its smaller and cheaper.when you get to putting in pipes you will quickly run out of room.

Quick Reply: Turbo ?