Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

opinions needed...turbo or KB

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

Default opinions needed...turbo or KB

So I have a 02 Saleen that I'm ready to put some major power to now. What do you people think about either doing a 2.6 kb or a 2.8h kb or putting a hellion single 76mm Turbo kit on the car? If you have any of these mods tell me what you think.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

get the 76mm hellion it will make a ton of power
Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

How do you like your Hellion kit? Do you have the full 03/04 cobra fuel setup? I am looking at buying the full setup with tank and pumps from leathal performance. This week im buying a sct 2800, seimens 60lb injectors, and xcal 3. I wanna be around the 600whp range. Do you drive it daily?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SALEEN_TIME
How do you like your Hellion kit? Do you have the full 03/04 cobra fuel setup? I am looking at buying the full setup with tank and pumps from leathal performance. This week im buying a sct 2800, seimens 60lb injectors, and xcal 3. I wanna be around the 600whp range. Do you drive it daily?
the hellion kit is the best imo. fits like it came on the car, but it was a really time consuming install. ive had it on for about a year and a half driving everyday. It ended up costing alot of money for sure. After everything that is done to the car now, its really a bad idea for me to keep driving it everyday. Theres too much money into it for some drunk or lady on a cell phone to crash into me and ruin it all. So im buying a beater and going to make the GT a race car, which is more what its evolved into after doing built motor and tubular suspension. The kit really changes the car alot as far as how the suspension feels and how the power feels. It is deadly in 3rd and 4th gear on the highway. Around town its just too much power to really open it up between stoplights, unless you want attention from the cops. I think you can get to 600, but it may take ported heads and cams. Mine cutoff at 531 because of the small turbo. yes I have the cobra dual pumps with pprv delete and boost a pump.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

I know what you mean on wanting to get a daily driver. I have a set of dss cnc full ported heads coming to complete the bottom end I got from them. The bottom end I got from dss will take 950 whp all day long. So I'm thinking 600 is a good number. Yours has got to pin you in the seat with that power. Do you have any videos of your car?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean on wanting to get a daily driver. I have a set of dss cnc full ported heads coming to complete the bottom end I got from them. The bottom end I got from dss will take 950 whp all day long. So I'm thinking 600 is a good number. Yours has got to pin you in the seat with that power. Do you have any videos of your car?
yea i have the same bottom end and its held up great. you have a realistic goal. i am hoping to make the upper 550-600 after I upgrade the turbo. It definitely pins you back in the seat. I have gotten comfortable with it and still it feels like alot. Not like my old setup where I got used to the power really quickly. Sometimes there is a slight lag, but not much. I had 4 people riding in the car and it still felt strong. I guess its all the torque that helps out. On the highway it makes the car feel like it doesnt weigh very much. When I am driving I can feel the g-force from the acceleration in my stomach. It is a rush. I dont have any vids though unfortunately. I have a pic though and dyno sheet
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6528/br7p.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4885/photopj.jpg
power drops off on the dyno from the small turbo, but I dont feel it while driving

Last edited by Frostbitten; 11-23-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

What kinda Tb and Plenum do you have, and what intake manifold?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:30 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Depends on what you want out of the car/your area. I personally thing positive displacement supercharged cars are far more fun to drive & play around in than a turbo car. I love turbo & it is quite fun, but for the fun factor the kb is going to take the cake imo. The kb will make the car 'feel' faster to you & a passenger, but the turbo kit will make it be the faster car in comparison. I favor turbo because i like being the faster person in a race, but i absolutely love the feeling from a positive displacement supercharger.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

What kinda Tb and Plenum do you have, and what intake manifold?
stock untouched pi intake and 65mm throttle body. just painted it all to match
Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

O boy this is really a hard decision. Why can't i just have one of each,lol. Are you return or returnless style?

Quick Reply: opinions needed...turbo or KB