Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

Default What should I do?

Hey guys,
Yesterday was my 16th b-day and for my present my dad had some 40's welded on my car(the 1 in my sig). I kinda wanted the whole American Thunder catback but he didnt really know that there was a difference. They sound awesome and tone perfect but I kinda want them a little bit louder. I want to get a o/r H pipe but here is the thing. When my dad had the 40's installed he asked the mechanic about midpipes and he said that he didnt recommend it to put an o/r midpipe on there because of all the money it would cost to get MIL eliminators. He also said that it would give it more power and that a 16 year old didnt need it. I know this is utter BS because I know that just a midpipe doesnt give u that much power...expetially with a chambered muffler. also MIL eliminators are only like 60-80 bux a piece.(I have plenny of money to spend on it). I told my dad that a lot of the guys on the mustang forums had o/r midpipes and that they dont harm the vehicle in any way. I just dont want to upset him cuz he really tryed to surpise me and make me happy with the muffles. I was wondering what I could tell him that would persway<<<( I suck at spelling) him to let me do this. He also thinks that if I put an o/r H pipe on there that it would make it sound ragged and like a truck. Please help me convence him that he is wrong!!! lol

sorry for the long post guys.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:40 PM
RedRoller
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What should I do?

Ok you can get the MILs for $60 dollars from Latemodel Restoration supply and get a MAC off road H for anywhere from $130-$150 depending on if u get aluminized or HTS coated.OK for your Dad,please let your son do this I promise that it will sound wonderful and it will sound like a true Mustang sound and nothing like you think of a truck.And also the power increase will not be that noticeable that he would drive like a maniac.Hope this helps!(I remember my 16th birthday I got my first set of Flows!)
Old 11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

upr you can get your mils and x pipe for about 200 bucks

also the 40s are gonna be louder than the amarican thunder.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Dont get the mil`s. Get a tuner. It will turn off the rear o2 sensors to keep the CEL from coming on. It will be a good investment in the long run for future mods. Just get used to driving first before you get crazy. What I mean is, be careful your young and still need some practice.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

Dont get the mil`s. Get a tuner. It will turn off the rear o2 sensors to keep the CEL from coming on. It will be a good investment in the long run for future mods. Just get used to driving first before you get crazy. What I mean is, be careful your young and still need some practice.
ya, I understand. I have about 1g in the bank that I have saved up to spend on this baby. so I have enough for a comp and H pipe. Does a Predator turn the rear 02's off? cuz I have heard good things about the Predators.

thanks for the advice.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

ORIGINAL: sprostang

ya, I understand. I have about 1g in the bank that I have saved up to spend on this baby. so I have enough for a comp and H pipe. Does a Predator turn the rear 02's off? cuz I have heard good things about the Predators.

thanks for the advice.
yes it does. Thats the one im getting this winter.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tim37

upr you can get your mils and x pipe for about 200 bucks

also the 40s are gonna be louder than the amarican thunder.
IMO X pipe and 40's dont mix well. I'm gonna go witht the H pipe. and, I dont know if they are delta 40's or regular 40's. my dad didnt nkow cuz he said that all the mechanic said was that he put on what was mosrt popular. I know they are 40's but I just dont know which kind. I know they arent super 40's cuz they arent black and on the receipt it just says 40's. lol. I dunno. I just know that it sounds good. lol