Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Loudest Deepest Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 PM
SVTCobra_98
2nd Gear Member

Default Loudest Deepest Mufflers

What is the loudest and deepest muffler to go with an O/R H pipe? I have the SLP LM 1's and they are too raspy and not deep. Would flowmasters or magnaflows be louder and deeper than the LM 2's?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:02 PM
RedRoller
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest Deepest Mufflers

Ive got an off road H and LM2s.They are loud and very deep.They are deeper than Flows and i assume you are talkin bout Magnapacks and i believe they are not as deep as LM2s
Old 11-27-2005, 02:03 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

i have the flows series 40 on my stang, and they are VERY deep, i love them

i dont have a O/R midpipe tho, maybe someone with the lack of cats could chim in
Old 11-27-2005, 02:19 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

oooo. with a 4v motor, them LM1s must suck with an o/r midpipe. i wouldn't recommend LM1s with an o/r on a GT either. if you go o/r, definitely get the LM2s. they're a hell of a lot deeper than 1s. the 1s sound good on a GT with a catted midpipe, dunno about cobras though. i personally don't care for the 4v exhaust note. the 2v sounds more throaty.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

well, if the loudmouths werent deep enough for you, maybe you should try magnapacks or borla stingers

i KNOW the stingers are deeper than the slp 1's, but im not entirely sure about the magnapacks

i recommend the stingers with an o/r H though,, very very nice tone and VERY loud

good luck, if youre interested in a clip, let me know, it could be a bit before i get back on here though. so pm me if youre still interested

later
Old 11-27-2005, 05:14 PM
BlackSVTsnake302
4th Gear Member

I have Flowmasters with the Xpipe and its reeeeally deep, i love it, I have a sound clip on my cardomain, tell me what you guys think, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/808175/1
Old 11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

well, if the loudmouths werent deep enough for you, maybe you should try magnapacks or borla stingers

i KNOW the stingers are deeper than the slp 1's, but im not entirely sure about the magnapacks

i recommend the stingers with an o/r H though,, very very nice tone and VERY loud

good luck, if youre interested in a clip, let me know, it could be a bit before i get back on here though. so pm me if youre still interested

later
Packs aren't as deep as the Stingers - not even close. Even with an o/r x they aren't as deep.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i don't like the way packs sound. they sound pretty hollow. not as bad as the LM1s, but they're still hollow and have quite a bit of crackling. deeper than 1s though. the lm2s are deeper than packs and 1s, not as loud as 1s, but just as loud as packs.

the car i heard with acer that had stingers, or were those bassani? anyway, they didn't sound that bad, but i could justify the price for those over a catback $200 cheaper just for sound.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: nanaki

i don't like the way packs sound. they sound pretty hollow. not as bad as the LM1s, but they're still hollow and have quite a bit of crackling. deeper than 1s though. the lm2s are deeper than packs and 1s, not as loud as 1s, but just as loud as packs.

the car i heard with acer that had stingers, or were those bassani? anyway, they didn't sound that bad, but i could justify the price for those over a catback $200 cheaper just for sound.
LOL, nice nanaki, i didnt even have ot edit your quote for you to say you COULD justify the price..

lol, just messing man, but if you dont believe me, reread your last sentence

i didnt know packs were hollow/higher pitched like slp,

i didnt really have to justify the extra 200 though, cause of all the clips i had ever listened to , bassanni/borla were the only ones i loved i went with stingers obviously and i dont think i could be happier (unless i had $$$ for LT's)
Old 11-27-2005, 07:14 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

you know damn well i meant couldn't. maybe i'll just have to edit your post to make myself look unstupid.

packs aren't hollow like LM1s, they have some deepness to them, but not as much as people make them out to be. they sound ok i guess. compared to my LM2s, there's no contest. i'm sure there's plenty on here that are the complete opposite. just from the cars i've heard packs on though, they just don't have that deep, gurgly, throaty sound that i want.

Quick Reply: Loudest Deepest Mufflers