Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?
View Poll Results: Who has the August ROTM?
Widow Maker
11.11%
danzcool
30.16%
BigD1515
26.98%
uin2it
22.22%
Fabman
7.94%
Rainson
1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

August ROTM voting thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It was parked, had a neighbor come over this morning to point it out, it was fine last night. Police took the report and the broken glass from the hitter, so they may be able to figure out what type of car hit me, but I'm not holding out that they'll find out who.
I was already stressing about getting ready for the mojave mile, but with the time involved with a body shop, it's super tight and maybe impossible.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I'm sorry bro. Don't even know what to say.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

That's terrible. Where was it parked?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
It was parked, had a neighbor come over this morning to point it out, it was fine last night. Police took the report and the broken glass from the hitter, so they may be able to figure out what type of car hit me, but I'm not holding out that they'll find out who.
I was already stressing about getting ready for the mojave mile, but with the time involved with a body shop, it's super tight and maybe impossible.
Geez dude that's horrible! I also don't know what to say at all....Can't imagine that man. I was really looking forward to your new standing mile numbers too. Hopefully you can get her back in tip top shape in time!
---
I got a few more things done to the car over the last week. Not sure why it took me so long to get them (they come stock on premiums, mine is base) but by far the easiest mod I've ever done, white mirror covers You wouldn't think they would change the overall look, but they do!

Name:  IMG_7516_zpsa673cfe4.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  55.6 KB
Name:  IMG_7518_zpsa42c352b.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  48.3 KB

Second thing is the RTR decklid. Not sure what happened to my faux gas cap (maybe stolen???) but I went to the rear of the car after starting her up andddddd it wasn't there. Just a hump with 3M tape all ripped up. I had been putting off ordering a decklid for quite some time so if anything this was an excuse to go ahead and buy it. Not sure if you all know how this particular mod works but you definitely need some ***** to do it. You have to drill out the hump that holds the faux gas cap in place. Definitely one of the sketchiest things I've ever done! But the outcome is definitely worth it to me! May not be for everyone, but I love the cleaner look!

Name:  IMG_7510_zps73c62619.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7509_zps50f3bf21.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7504_zps0e1fb798.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Great cars.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:42 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I'm sorry bro. Don't even know what to say.
Originally Posted by bigD1515
Geez dude that's horrible! I also don't know what to say at all....Can't imagine that man. I was really looking forward to your new standing mile numbers too. Hopefully you can get her back in tip top shape in time!
not a whole lot to say other than "damn, that sucks"

I'm still hoping to get it to the Mojave Mile, I was going to take it to my tuner for a few clean-up issues, and I know that if I take it to the local shop that originally did the stripes, he will take 3-4 weeks between getting the parts and dealing with insurance, etc...
SO I checked with the tuner and he says he's got a body shop next door that he trusts, so I'm thinking I'll drop it off there once I get the initial insurance appraisal and then they'll both be able to work on it. So, I'm still hopeful to do the mile in October, but it's going to be closer than I would like.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Sorry dude, that blows.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:50 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Uin2it. What can I say? I'm in love with the '10 thru '12 now, just because you got those '13 tail lights on that machine. I always liked the front ends of the '10 thru '12s, but wasn't happy with the way Ford did the back end. You've changed my mind now. Good going. I just wish I could have got to vote in time before the pole closed.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:47 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
And here's the photo that take my car out of contention for ROTM.
hit&run last night. F'N idiots.

APR splitter has stress cracks as does the hood, the bumper paint has stress cracks, the left support rod bolt at the upper attachment point broke, and the grill is shot.
No big deal. As long as no one was hurt. Insurance will fix bent metal.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:23 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
No big deal. As long as no one was hurt. Insurance will fix bent metal.
Yeah, I know. Hopefully they will not give me the run-around trying to cheap out and give me the "that wasn't stock for your car so it's not covered" thing.

The timing is really the issue since I'm signed up for Mojave in October and already was running tight on time to get prepped for that with brakes, cooling, tires, more safety, aero, and a few other items. It should still work out, getting the insurance appraisal on Tuesday and hopefully dropping it off at RET later in the week to get things rolling.

Quick Reply: August ROTM voting thread