ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

Roushcharger New Car Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Roushcharger New Car Warranties

I keep reading lots of opinions related to having a Roush Supercharger put on a new Mustang.

A few of my ideas to consider:

1. Rather than listen to paranoid comments on putting a Roushcharger on a new Mustang read the warranty available (at extra cost) directly from Roush at the source:

http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf/...ty_2-25-13.pdf

2. Before buying.... consider talking to the Service Manager at your Ford Dealer & ask him if he will be reasonable in honoring the Ford warranty if you buy a new Mustang & have an authorized Roush dealer put on a supercharger. State clearly that you will not race or abuse the car in any way & you hope that you can trust his judgement as to whether the Mustang has been abused in deciding if the warranty will be honored in the same way he would on a Shelby with a Ford supplied supercharger. He might not make promises for liability reasons, but you might get a clear picture if he will be fair.

Talk over the ideas of:

a. If you are racing your Mustang Ford should not have to pay for your "blown clutch"!

b. If your radio stops working a reasonable Service Manager would not claim the Roushcharger caused that failure!.

I have had Ford warranty work done without any issues, but then I am 71 and Ford may not view me as an adolescent abusing a Mustang! I suspect how Ford views you is a big issue! If the Mustang has slicks on it & numbers from the drag strip what do you expect! Would you want to cover some elses blown clutches & transmissions from racing & abuse? Fair is fair!

Law & legal precendent says that the "burden of proof" is on Ford to show your actions have violated the warranty! Example: I'm 71, & I don't race or abuse my Mustang, so if Ford denies the new car warranty I will lodge a formal complaint with DMV against the sales license & sue them in court! A judge, not Ford decides whether Ford has to honor the warranty!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-24-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Voiding the Ford warranty would ultimately be up to your Ford dealership. I tell customers as a blanket statement that I would expect putting the supercharger on your car to void the factory warranty. However that is why we then offer the choice to purchase a warranty through Roush and should something happen Roush would cover the cost. Keep in mind we put a lot more into our calibrations than most . These cars are subjected to frigid winter temperatures of Minnesota to the heat and elevation out west in Arizona. We don't try to squeeze every last bit of power out with our calibrations. Drivability with the blower would be just as good as the car came from Ford, you could get in the car in New York and Drive it cross country to California and it wouldn't skip a beat.

Last edited by Kyle@ROUSH; 01-07-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

You don't have to sell me on Roush Superchargers Kyle! I'll be ordering one for my 2016!

I think my post is agreement with yours. For those who will worry about it they should pay for the extra Roush Warranty & sleep well at night. If you follow my posts you will see that I say repeatedly that I had zero problems with my '08 with a supercharger. I think the setup is at least as reliable as a Ford GT 500.

Thanx for your posts

Mr. D