ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

RoushCharger for Automatic???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default RoushCharger for Automatic???

Is Roush ever going supply a supercharger for the 2015 & 2016 Mustang GT Automatic?

The holdup for releasing auto transmission setup worries me? I'd like to buy a 2016 GT & put a Roushcharger on it, but I'm starting to be concerned about doing so if it takes this long for Roush to come out with the auto trans. version since there is already a "hardware" setup for the 2015 GT manual transmission! Since Roush already missed the entire 2015 sales year, I'm starting to wonder if there are substantial problems in putting a Roushcharger on a GT 5.0 automatic transmission! I've been a big supporter of Roushchargers, BUT such a delay causes me to lose faith the dependablity of putting a Roushcharger on a 5.0L automatic. The decision makers at Roush might want to consider my concern as related to the delay after the hardware for a 2015 Manual GT was completed. I'm likely not the only Roush customer wondering if there is a problem!

Note my post #9 in "Which Super Charger"?

I'm a big supporter of Roush waiting to spend money with Ford & Roush! ?????

Last edited by Mr. D; 07-13-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Evilwilly
1st Gear Member

From what I have been told by a roush dealer the superchargers for auto are out.
Granted you can't order them from the roush site atm. But you can go to a roush dealer/installer and order one. Unless the guy was just blowing smoke to get me buy a roush.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Evilwilly
From what I have been told by a roush dealer the superchargers for auto are out.
Granted you can't order them from the roush site atm. But you can go to a roush dealer/installer and order one. Unless the guy was just blowing smoke to get me buy a roush.
Thanx! I haven't heard that info. Maybe Roush will clarify it! I've been waiting since the 2015 came out! I would be ordering it through a Calif. Roush Dealer to be installed there. If anyone is interested in having a Roush Supercharger installed in So. Calif. area drop me a PM & I'll give you a referral to a great guy/shop that installs them. It will give you a poor/cheap man's GT 500! (Actually I prefer it!)

!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Trust me I feel your pain, I was told end of May, then June. It was done a couple weeks ago however they found a small bug in the production cars, nothing to do with performance or how the car drives. The issue was in a part of the file that is shared between production cars (670HP) and the 627HP retail kit. With that I have been told possibly as soon as next week and promised no later than the end of July.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:08 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kyle@ROUSH
Trust me I feel your pain, I was told end of May, then June. It was done a couple weeks ago however they found a small bug in the production cars, nothing to do with performance or how the car drives. The issue was in a part of the file that is shared between production cars (670HP) and the 627HP retail kit. With that I have been told possibly as soon as next week and promised no later than the end of July.
Thanx for the Update Kyle! There is hope!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Auto cal has been released. We now have the '15 supercharger kit 50 state legal for automatic or manual transmission.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:29 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kyle@ROUSH
Auto cal has been released. We now have the '15 supercharger kit 50 state legal for automatic or manual transmission.
Thanx Kyle,

Are the same supercharger kits going to be available for the 2016 GTs? Hope so! I assume they are the same.

For anyone in So. California wanting Roush work done I highly recommend Eric Voss at the below address. He's a good guy with a lot of knowledge & connections to Roush:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/189021707809944/

(I have no connection to this shop other than being a happy customer that had a Roush Supercharger installed with zero problems. Tell them Mr. "D" of Walden Restorations with the white '08 Mustang with blue stripes on his website sent you & he'll give you special attention.)

Last edited by Mr. D; 07-28-2015 at 05:34 AM.