Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Tein Flex with EDFC for 2010 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:07 AM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Default Tein Flex with EDFC for 2010 Mustang GT

Does anyone here have the EDFC On their ride and can you comment on it? Do you feel like you are loosing anything and does it work the way you want it too? Where did you install the EDFC in the car? I am guessing you have it in the center consol where you can easily get to it when you want to change your suspension. Does it work well on the track and would you do it again? I am getting ready to do this and I want to make sure I know the upsides and downsides. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

I have the full setup on my car. I honestly think the Tein Flex is a great system. I havent been able to test it against other setups though. Adjustability works very well. You can tell the difference between each adjustment of the dampers. I've ran it on the stiffest setting as well as the softest setting. I will say this, the softest setting gives quite a bit of rear axle rebound which makes it hard to push harder because of the hop. Thats why i would recommend not setting it to full soft.

I just got around to installing the EDFC yesterday and i love it so much. The ability to adjust damper settings is so awesome. This is something you find in other higher end sports cars (IE, M3, GTR, etc.) I run my EDFC right below the headlight switch so it doesnt interfere with anything. I have also seen another car mount it into the center console by cutting a portion of it.

I have ran it at a track per se. I did get to drive it at the track in el toro airbase. I can honestly say that the suspension can hold up well. My tires are the limiting factor. I know i can push the car harder but the tires just give out before i feel the limits of the suspension. I am running stock wheels btw.

If you have any other questions then let me know man.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

I like the way your car is set up foolio2k4. Do you have any photos of the car you could share? Rims, tires, brakes and suspension are so expensive but that is on my short list for 2010. Where in Cali are you, I live in Irvine, CA. and if you are local maybe we could meet at cars and coffee. I think I am going to find a way to mount the unit in the center console so it is out of site but close for me when I want it. Are you happy with the overall ride on the street or is it still a little too harsh?

Thanks alot for commenting on our set up and I can't wait to get mine installed.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by macmovieman
I like the way your car is set up foolio2k4. Do you have any photos of the car you could share? Rims, tires, brakes and suspension are so expensive but that is on my short list for 2010. Where in Cali are you, I live in Irvine, CA. and if you are local maybe we could meet at cars and coffee. I think I am going to find a way to mount the unit in the center console so it is out of site but close for me when I want it. Are you happy with the overall ride on the street or is it still a little too harsh?

Thanks alot for commenting on our set up and I can't wait to get mine installed.
I'll meet you at Cars n Coffee
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...erf-white.html

this is what my suspension is like.

What time is cars and coffee. People tell me its at 7 am and its so hard to wake up at that time.

As for the ride, yes it is stiffer and harsher but i dont mind it. It feels better over stock so thats fine with me. Its pretty much taken away all the rear axle floating feeling.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
I'll meet you at Cars n Coffee
What time do you get there? I am ususally there with my wife by 7:30am. Want to meet at the coffee table? I can PM you contact info later.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

It says it is a weekly saturday meet. But do they do it on sundays as well?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by foolio2k4
It says it is a weekly saturday meet. But do they do it on sundays as well?
I am pretty sure it is Saturday mornings only. The best cars get there early and leave early. 7:00-8:30 is the best time to attend and I usually arrive around 7:30am.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

I see...i guess ill try and make it out next weekend then.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 AM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

I PMd you my contact info.

Quick Reply: Tein Flex with EDFC for 2010 Mustang GT