Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

TMP Exotic Car Lapping Day Videos

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default TMP Exotic Car Lapping Day Videos

This past Sunday I was at Toronto Motorsports Park, TMP, for one of their Exotic Car Lapping days. This is my 3rd event at this track this season on the Nitto NT01s and 7th event on the tires.

The track is fairly short, no elevation changes, with lots of corners and is a good place to get used to your car as there is almost nothing to hit.

During the day I set a new personal best lap so was pleased with the results.

The event has an open track with no run groups. Passing is only allowed on the straights with a point by.

The cars present matched the event name and I think every Viper within driving range was there.

Here is the first of my videos from the day. Due to U-Tubes 10 minute limit I had to break it into 2.

Part 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/frederic.../1/GyjKbifGGP4

Part 2 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/frederic.../0/TGfw46P-UqE

There will be more later.

As you can tell I was having lot's of fun and went through about 2 1/2 tanks of gas!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

That looks like a ton of fun. I'd love to try a 'leisurely' track day like that one but can hardly fund my upgrades lately, much less brakes and tires .

Little sky/solstice broke loose there. Looked like he was already in the straight when it happened...overcorrection.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Lol, just watched vid 2. That's where all the fuel went, chasing the ferrari. I bet he was like WTF can't shake this damn rustang.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
That looks like a ton of fun. I'd love to try a 'leisurely' track day like that one but can hardly fund my upgrades lately, much less brakes and tires .

Little sky/solstice broke loose there. Looked like he was already in the straight when it happened...overcorrection.
If you are talking about the silver car that spun in front of me at about 6:00 in Part 1 - I thought was a Viper but I was keeping pretty busy trying to avoid hitting him

Last edited by Sleeper_08; 09-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Lol, just watched vid 2. That's where all the fuel went, chasing the Ferrari. I bet he was like WTF can't shake this damn rustang.
As you can see from the video he was not interested in letting me past. The first time I caught up to him on a clear track he then decide to go off. Then the second time I caught up he finally relented and let me past.

At least when he lost in turn one he was able to recover, unlike the car in Part 1 who spun.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeah, after a second look at the front of the car I guess it was another viper. He really kept his foot in it.

The ferrari did recover quite well. Awesome car.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Here is another video compilation from the TMP Exotic Car Lapping event on Sep 19. It includes one of my fast laps, a fellow Mustang, a Viper that passed me and chasing a couple of other Vipers

http://www.youtube.com/user/frederic.../0/rhyOKkh6B0c
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Colin.
As the "fellow Mustang driver" why did you have to show the part where I couldn't get the gear lever into second? I barely stayed on the track for Pete's sake as you can plainly see. LOL.

Anyway you were really flying that day while I could not get the handling of the D-specs sorted out at all, unlike Mosport. Also fried the front pads, something I've never done before. I guess the Vipers bring out the worst, or in your case the best in us. Glad to see you are over your plateau. Your lines looked bang on and watching you from the pits going onto the front straight you appeared as fast as Marcus was last time we were here. And that's moving.

Anyway had a good time. Bill and I had some fun times chasing each other in his Z06. Pretty evenly matched. I think you are right when you said I'm not as fast with the '11 as the '06. Need some tweeking yet. I think the brake issue now might be due to higher straight speeds with the 5.0. Maybe the Brembos over the winter.

Great videos.

Cheers.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 AM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

My biggest fear in tracking my car is the brakes. Your post continues to have me thinking about upgrading to a great set of Brembo's before I track the car.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

It really depends on the track and how hard you are driving. A BBK is not mandatory.

There are lots of threads that discuss brakes and the suggested upgrades.

Do a search on Motul and you will fnd a lot of them.

Here is one current thread

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...ml#post7215969

Last edited by Sleeper_08; 09-26-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: TMP Exotic Car Lapping Day Videos