Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2011 Mustang GT Brembo Package wheel specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Can5.0

Default 2011 Mustang GT Brembo Package wheel specs

Unfortunately, due to a botched deal on a truck I have to drive my stang through the winter. So I've been in search for wheels that can fit over these brembos. Fortunately I found a Ford Racing version of the brake package wheel (in gloss black) that fit and winter tires as well. So just wanted to share my newly found info as my countless searches over the months didn't yield all the results I needed. (or maybe the keywords weren't finding them)...Anyways...

Size: 19x9
Bore diameter: 4.5"
Offset: +42mm
TPMS: Valvestem (Note: I purchased new original Ford Motorcraft TPMSs and I didn't need to do anything for the car to recognize them so "no warning light")

The wheels I got were Ford Racing part # M-1007-DC199B

The strangest thing I found was the price:
OEM Brake Package wheel (according to dealer) $897ea. CDN
Ford Racing wheel (through dealer): $339ea. CDN

Aside for the colour, they both look to be the same wheel and based on my arm strength...most likely weigh the same. So I don't know what the price disparity is all about (I was thinking forged vs. cast...but who knows?) and if anyone knows do tell.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Are you talking about these wheels? They appear to be identical except they are black. Does anyone know how much the Brembo package wheels weigh?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Skullbussa
1st Gear Member

I'll probably end up getting those for my winter wheels as well. I wanted a simpler 5 spoke design that would be easier to wash the winter filth off of but I was shocked to find that there isn't a single 5 spoke wheel that fits our cars that doesn't look like some wheel you'd find in a rap video.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Skullbussa
1st Gear Member

By the way, what winter tires/sizes did you go with for those wheels?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Can5.0

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
Are you talking about these wheels? They appear to be identical except they are black. Does anyone know how much the Brembo package wheels weigh?
Yup...exactly. I got them from an authorized Ford Racing Dealership up here in Toronto. But was really surprised as to how much cheaper they were from the stock ones they gave for the Brembo package. I had asked for the price for a 2nd set of those stock ones back in July and was quoted that price above. The black ones just came out a few weeks back.

Oh and the weight of those black ones were 34.5 lbs....As for the stockies?? Dunno...Ford didn't even have some of those specs on their computer system let alone the weight. I had to take off the wheel and read the embossed measurements.

Last edited by Can5.0; 11-13-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Can5.0

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
I'll probably end up getting those for my winter wheels as well. I wanted a simpler 5 spoke design that would be easier to wash the winter filth off of but I was shocked to find that there isn't a single 5 spoke wheel that fits our cars that doesn't look like some wheel you'd find in a rap video.
Hahaha!!! so true. Well my initial problem was finding ANY wheel back in late summer early fall that could even fit over the brake.

Anyways, ya there were only 2 choices of winter tires at my local shop that fit the 255/40/19 size. Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60s and Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3
Old 11-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Can5.0

some photos:

Old 11-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Skullbussa
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Can5.0
some photos:

You know, I'm really glad you made this thread. Before I saw these pictures I was worried the wheels would be too "murdered out" looking, but they actually look very nice on your car. They're definitely not flat black, or at least, don't seem to be from your (appreciated) pictures.

You might have just solved my winter wheel dilemma...thank you.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Can5.0

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
You know, I'm really glad you made this thread. Before I saw these pictures I was worried the wheels would be too "murdered out" looking, but they actually look very nice on your car. They're definitely not flat black, or at least, don't seem to be from your (appreciated) pictures.

You might have just solved my winter wheel dilemma...thank you.
Np. Oh yah they're definitely NOT flat. It's a really good Gloss Black, ya the 2nd pic just got washed out by the light, but they're shiny black.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Ansibe
2nd Gear Member

How about these?
centerlinewheels.com
Nice light wheels in 19 x 7.5, perfect for a 225/45 LM60.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT Brembo Package wheel specs