New Wheels 2011 Mustang GT (BE GTS-AV) - MustangForums.com



S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
RAMAIR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38
Default New Wheels 2011 Mustang GT (BE GTS-AV)

Here are my new wheels... I did weight the stock wheels with tires and they were right at 55lbs each. The new rears were just at 55lbs as well and the front 50lbs so I save some weight up front. The car is lowered 1.5" on Ford Racing Springs.



IMAG0064 by gt2011stang, on Flickr


IMAG0060 by gt2011stang, on Flickr

I have Ford Racing Struts and shocks coming wasn't going to do them but decided it would be better if I did.

JLT CAI/SCT w/BBR tune and Flowmaster hushpower axle back are in the mail as well... Can't wait to get everything installed.

After that SW Long tubes w/catted x-pipe are going on.
RAMAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member
 
jsnyng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 320
Default

Looks good.
jsnyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PR
Posts: 329
Default

Funny that you posted pics of these wheels. Just a few nights ago I was browsing tirerack.com wheel selections sorted by weight, and I saw them.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ll&sort=Weight

I'm guessing you went 19x8.5 / 19x9.5, correct?
Any reason why you didn't go 19x9.5 all around? How does the brake caliper clearance look on them?
Acerbus 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
evilspock
1st Gear Member
 
evilspock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
Default

Nice choice.
evilspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
05xrunner
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,269
Default

those look nice...sucks if you want them in black they dont offer a wider rear wheels
05xrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member
 
Bokeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMAIR View Post
I have Ford Racing Struts and shocks coming wasn't going to do them but decided it would be better if I did.
.
I plan on getting lowerings springs for my 2011 v6 as well, but wasnt planning on getting struts or shocks. Would just springs be fine for me as its jus my daily driver or should I invest in some struts and shocks as well?

Thanks, this is my first mustang so Im alittle uneducated. Looks great btw
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
RAMAIR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbus 2.0 View Post
Funny that you posted pics of these wheels. Just a few nights ago I was browsing tirerack.com wheel selections sorted by weight, and I saw them.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ll&sort=Weight

I'm guessing you went 19x8.5 / 19x9.5, correct?
Any reason why you didn't go 19x9.5 all around? How does the brake caliper clearance look on them?
I just went with what Tirerack recommended for size plus I like the idea that they are a bit lighter than the stock wheels. Clearance is fine but I only have standard brakes not sure if the brembo brakes would clear or not.
RAMAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
RAMAIR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
I plan on getting lowerings springs for my 2011 v6 as well, but wasnt planning on getting struts or shocks. Would just springs be fine for me as its jus my daily driver or should I invest in some struts and shocks as well?

Thanks, this is my first mustang so Im alittle uneducated. Looks great btw
I am still running the stock struts and springs and everything seems fine, I just decided to get the ford racing struts and shock that were recommanded to go with the lowering springs.
RAMAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
908ssp
3rd Gear Member
 
908ssp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

I really like that shape of that wheel I just wish they made 20" and wider.
908ssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member
 
Bokeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMAIR View Post
I am still running the stock struts and springs and everything seems fine, I just decided to get the ford racing struts and shock that were recommanded to go with the lowering springs.
Thanks bro, can u tell me the site you found the struts and shocks from. All the sites I've looked thru only have springs.
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions? Mr. D The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang 43 08-17-2015 10:53 PM
WHEELS! What do I put on WAstang2013 Wheels & Tires 0 08-12-2015 09:19 PM
Just swapped motor exhaust want fit daytooday Motor Swap Section 2 08-11-2015 10:22 AM
*First Post* Mustang V6 Exaust Recommendations NothingSpecial New Member Area 6 08-11-2015 08:00 AM
exhaust leak at Crossover? 11GTBlu 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions 2 08-10-2015 06:56 PM


Tags
18, 2011, av, forums, frpp, gt, gts, gtsav, lowered, mustang, rims, save, stock, weight, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.