Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

ATTN: Koni STR.T's are BACK IN STOCK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default ATTN: Koni STR.T's are BACK IN STOCK!

After filling all my backorders I have 26 car sets available right now. Price is $389.99/set. Shipping averages about $25-28 for most of the US.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...199&ModelID=35
Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

---------------------EDIT BY DEMON 340----------------------

Good afternoon all. After reading the trash that Truckbutt posted in this thread and many others, it became clear to me that he was a troll targeting MF members. He has been banned for how he was acting on the site and a variety of his posts and threads have been removed. however, at the request of the vendor I have left this thread up. I ask that members coming across this thread for the first time focus more on the customer service efforts made by Sam and his company and less on the trash talk offered by former member Truckbutt.

Thanks, and have a great day!
-Demon 340.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Wow, classy.

Well, about 30 sets of Sports are also shipping today, but I sell so many there are still a few sets on backorder. I don't charge tax either, unless you are in PA (that's the law). As for free shipping... well, I can do that sometimes but here's what your buddies @ shox.com can't or don't do. BE HERE TO HELP YOU.

Sheeh. I wonder if I can find a guy who does your same job, for less, and then tell your boss about it. Customer service is what I try for.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Truckbutt
Banned

Sorry Sam. You are a very knowledgeable person and it's nice that you share you're knowledge on the board. Let's face it. Sharing that knowledge on this board and others has brought you alot of business. How about sharing the love by eliminating shipping charges on forum members? If your selling as many of these sets as you say you are, surely you can reduce or eliminate that shipping charge. In addition, I tried three times by e mail to get a straight answer about when I could get Koni Sports from you. All you would tell me is that you had alot of orders and I should get my order in if I wanted a chance to get any, in about a month. I don't do business that way. You're a buisnessman as you repeatedly say. Then you should know that price and service before and after the sale matter. You're good, but you're not the only one.

Last edited by Truckbutt; 06-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:46 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Truckbutt, that was kind of a dick move. Sam's done nothing but help people on this forum and give sound advice for free. I would say the exchange of his knowledge for our business is a fair trade and has benefitted everyone. He's a sponsor and has the right to advertise. True, you can post whatever you want, its a free country, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a dick move. Good job.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

@truckbutt
and how would you handle a very popular item thats backordered?

I'm sure sam handled it as best he could
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Well, I guess you'd have preferred I lied to you Truckbutt? Seems so. I guess next time I'll be an *** and make up a date when more will arrive, even though Koni could not give me one.

Yeah, sometimes I'll run out of stuff first, because I sell way more of these than shox.com ever will... In all actuality considering you're apparently pissed at me for telling you the truth, I'm glad you bought them from shox.com instead. In fact I don't care you did... I do care you seemed to think it was the right thing to come stamping in and telling others how maybe they should buy them elsewhere because you got lucky and happened to find an in stock set (like all those others will). That's my issue, I think parchisi hit it on the head, pretty hard.

I know, I'm a "salesman" because I sell parts. But I try to help, and be honest with people. Maybe that's why the "best" salesman are all considered to be slimy. I'm a car guy... I happen to have parlayed my driving and setup abilities into an already established family business. So yeah, I sell parts but mostly I do setup work. Shox.com "sells" parts. I bet your salesman worked commission, I bet he doesn't drive a Mustang, or has any idea of spring rates, or anything else pertaining to these cars.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Sam's a great guy

I'll admit that I did buy mine elseware but if I did it again I'd buy from him
I did buy my watts link from him and if/when I buy a set of sway bars it'll be from him

its annoying to see people act like jerks towards such a good sources of info like him
Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I don't think I really have to point this out.... but I'm just peeved enough to do it. I don't see anyone else on here telling you the STR.T's came in, and I've been doing my best to give you relevant updates on the Sport mess. No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I even called Koni North American at the middle of April to find out if they could give me any kind of a ship date. They told me they couldn't even give a guess until after the 1st week of May. Ended up getting them about the 3rd week of May. I did get them on and alignment done. I'm happy! Thanks for the advise Sam!

Quick Reply: ATTN: Koni STR.T's are BACK IN STOCK!