Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

ST Coil-overs: $1049/set

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default ST Coil-overs: $1049/set

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=5&PartID=833

Been pretty happy with how's these have been working. They are really KW Variant 1's in disguise. If you don't need the KW's stainless steel bodies (recommended if you live in areas where rust is an issue), and you don't want or need the damping adjustment of the KW V3's, this is a great coil-over kit to consider.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 AM
neema

I second this. I had these on my car for a month and were pleasantly surprised with how well they rode (at the ride height I had them at).
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Mark 2012 GT

Sam, would you recommend these over the Koni Sport & Steeda Sport Springs combination that you've said offered the optimal combination of street and track handling in the past? A full set of coil-overs for only $26 more than the Koni/Steeda combo seems like good value and if the handling is as good as or better without any trade-off in comfort I'm interested for when my car comes back out in the spring.

You say you're pretty happy with how these are working - does that mean you have these on your own car? What is your impression of them?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I need/want adjustable shocks, the ST's and KW V1's and H&R's are not adjustable dampers. Not everyone one needs or want those though.

Comparing the two is tough, they are quite different. Clearly coil-overs give you ride height adjustment where the normal springs do not, and that's important to some, not to others. The Koni Sports, etc. give you damping adjustment where the ST's do not. If you want adjustable damping coil-overs, well those exist too, but cost a good bit more. And the springs the coil-overs use are a good bit stiffer than the Steeda Sports.

Now, here's another option you might consider. That's the Steeda coil-over kit (I have it on my site complete with springs, everywhere else you have to add them). They are D-spec based, but give you height adjustment AND damping adjustment both, for a price between ST and KW V3's. They also come with the Steeda HD upper mount.