Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Coil-over/Suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Default Coil-over/Suspension question

Hey guys,

Currently my suspension setup consist of the following: Stock V6 front sway bar, steeda adjustable end-links, Koni STR.Ts, Eibach pro kit, BMR PHB, BMR LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets, UMI adjustable UCA, and a k-member brace. This car is primarily going to be going in a straight line and I want to set it up better to do so but at the same time I want it to handle well. Here is my questions:

I want to go with a coil-over setup for a few reasons: I have a drag wheel/tire setup that consist of skinnies and with my current drop the chin spoiler is what seems like centimeters from the floor with the skinnies mounted. With a coil-over setup I would be able to lift it up in the front during track days for obvious reasons, also its my understanding coil-overs will be a lot stiffer then what I have now which is what I am looking for. I will also get camber plates with the coil-overs if they don't come with them.

Which coil-overs would you all recommend if all I want to do is adjust ride height and will give me a good amount of stiffness? I have been looking at the ST coil-overs on Strano's site as an option or the H&R street performance kit which I hear is really stiff. I am also thinking about going with Strano's 35mm front bar and chromoly rear sway bar, let me know what you think!

PS. Please don't tell me to contact Sam Strano for his recommendations, I've tried twice on here with no response.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
tr3flip

For a coilover with height adjustments only the Eibach Pro Street S kit seems to be the best bang for your buck. They're mono-tube and hand assembled at Eibach USA which means the shocks can easily be serviced if ever needed. This is an overall very balanced package. Maximum Motorsports also offers a camber plate option for them as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Hey guys,

Currently my suspension setup consist of the following: Stock V6 front sway bar, steeda adjustable end-links, Koni STR.Ts, Eibach pro kit, BMR PHB, BMR LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets, UMI adjustable UCA, and a k-member brace. This car is primarily going to be going in a straight line and I want to set it up better to do so but at the same time I want it to handle well. Here is my questions:

I want to go with a coil-over setup for a few reasons: I have a drag wheel/tire setup that consist of skinnies and with my current drop the chin spoiler is what seems like centimeters from the floor with the skinnies mounted. With a coil-over setup I would be able to lift it up in the front during track days for obvious reasons, also its my understanding coil-overs will be a lot stiffer then what I have now which is what I am looking for. I will also get camber plates with the coil-overs if they don't come with them.

Which coil-overs would you all recommend if all I want to do is adjust ride height and will give me a good amount of stiffness? I have been looking at the ST coil-overs on Strano's site as an option or the H&R street performance kit which I hear is really stiff. I am also thinking about going with Strano's 35mm front bar and chromoly rear sway bar, let me know what you think!

PS. Please don't tell me to contact Sam Strano for his recommendations, I've tried twice on here with no response.
You don't want to go too stiff or you'll lose your straight line grip. You'll want adjustable dampeners which you can stiffen up on the street but soften up for the strip. Since it sounds like you're pretty serious about drag racing, I'd certainly consider QA1 shocks and struts. They're less expensive than the popular coilover kits and they work as well or better on the dragstrip.

If you'd like to give us a call at UPR, we'd be happy to get into more specific details with you about it. 561.588.6630

www.uprproducts.com
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the responses guys.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the responses guys.
No problem!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Hey guys,

Shoot me a PM if you'd like, I'd be glad to discuss some options with you and recommend some parts for your purposes.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Shoot me a PM if you'd like, I'd be glad to discuss some options with you and recommend some parts for your purposes.
Will do Brandon, thanks.