Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Next Steps After Rims/Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Next Steps After Rims/Tires??

I finally got around to getting my rims and tires put on...

Before:

After:

Now I'm looking at suspension upgrades. My goals are fairly simple. Nice, tight handling for daily use, with limited (if at all track use). I'm still amassing all the parts I want. So far I have a GT Takeoff rear w/4.10s, Procharger P1SC w/10PSI, Mac Ceramic LTs, Prochamber, Boom Tubes & GT Sways.....all sitting on a pallet in my garage. I'm more than likely going to install of this within the next month or two (except the takeoff rear). While I do that I'm looking at picking up some suspension upgrades to finish off my 2012 car purchases (next year the front end will be finished off 'hopefully').

I'm looking at picking up the following:
Vogtland Springs
Tokico DSPs
BMR Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm - Poly Bushing
BMR Rear Upper Control Arm Mount
BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
BMR Lower Control Arms
Adjustable Panhard Bar
3.5" Alum Drive Shaft w/Safety Loop

What I wanted to ask from the gurus here was if all of these upgrades are warranted for a car that may see track use two or three times in it's life. If I was going to be at the track all of the time i'd probably need what I listed and more, but that's not the cae. Any insight you guys could offer would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
I finally got around to getting my rims and tires put on...

Now I'm looking at suspension upgrades. My goals are fairly simple. Nice, tight handling for daily use, with limited (if at all track use). I'm still amassing all the parts I want. So far I have a GT Takeoff rear w/4.10s, Procharger P1SC w/10PSI, Mac Ceramic LTs, Prochamber, Boom Tubes & GT Sways.....all sitting on a pallet in my garage. I'm more than likely going to install of this within the next month or two (except the takeoff rear). While I do that I'm looking at picking up some suspension upgrades to finish off my 2012 car purchases (next year the front end will be finished off 'hopefully').

I'm looking at picking up the following:
Vogtland Springs
Tokico DSPs
BMR Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm - Poly Bushing
BMR Rear Upper Control Arm Mount
BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
BMR Lower Control Arms
Adjustable Panhard Bar
3.5" Alum Drive Shaft w/Safety Loop

What I wanted to ask from the gurus here was if all of these upgrades are warranted for a car that may see track use two or three times in it's life. If I was going to be at the track all of the time i'd probably need what I listed and more, but that's not the cae. Any insight you guys could offer would be great. Thanks!
I'd be glad to recommend some parts for your purposes. Shoot me a PM if you'd like and we can discuss it.