Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

M-23000-KR Need more info

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Default M-23000-KR Need more info

Kit looks like a good deal. I need more info though. What's the drop? Is it worth getting over Eibachs? Heck, springs and mounts alone could cost this much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHELBY-GT-500-HANDLING-KIT-M-23000-KR-KR-Shelby-kit-with-strut-mounts-M-18183-C-/111161566666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e1bee5ca&vxp=mtr
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Did you contact the seller, that's who should have the info.
Of course you a probably hoping someone has already bought them, and will give you good news, and info.
Good luck
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Did you contact the seller, that's who should have the info.
Of course you a probably hoping someone has already bought them, and will give you good news, and info.
Good luck
Of course I contacted the seller. To be careful, cause they tell you what you want to here.

Been researching and I can only find one guy that MAY be using a similar kit. I don't feel like being the GP on these for this car.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

What kind of drop are you looking for? I feel pretty confidant in saying that the Eibach's are going to give you more of a drop than this kit. The eBay page really doesn't tell you much, but leads you to believe this is what the KR's are running. If that's the case, then this kit will give you less than a 1" drop, because the KR's really aren't lowered much.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
What kind of drop are you looking for? I feel pretty confidant in saying that the Eibach's are going to give you more of a drop than this kit. The eBay page really doesn't tell you much, but leads you to believe this is what the KR's are running. If that's the case, then this kit will give you less than a 1" drop, because the KR's really aren't lowered much.
And you are right! Two sellers are both saying a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Wish it was lower cause this is an overall great value.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 PM
jdmskis`

Looks like I may be the GP on this deal as I just purchased this kit for my 2010 GT Premium (Manual). I paid $297 (plus $30 for shipping and that included the strut mounts (M-18183) which are needed to install these struts on a GT.

After about a week I am quite pleased with the results. I did not measure the drop but comparing before and after photos it looks to me as if the drop is at least a 1/2" and maybe closer to an inch. In short, it's noticeable.

During the past week I deliberately spent some time driving the twisties and I do know the handling is much improved. My 2010 now has less bounce, stays flatter, and has a lot more of a precise feeling. The ride is stiffer (as expected) but is still quite good. At least my kidneys haven't started to bleed as yet. (lol)
As Fox Fader said, "This is an overall great value." I would concur and so far it seems to be one that's working for me.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 PM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

This "kit" is a genuine Ford Racing Performance Parts product - http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10282

It should work pretty well, although the front ride height will be a bit high for a GT because it's lighter in the front than a GT500. Of course, installing a blower fixes that. FRPP has those too.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:06 PM
jdmskis`

One of the guys I talked to at FRPP raised the issue of the GT500's front end weight. In actuality, the M-2300oKR package lowered the car, a bit in the front and more in the back. I like it better all the time.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Where's the before and after pics?

I got your pm, but it was too well scripted. Sounded like it came from a vendor.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 AM
jdmskis`

I do a lot of writing for my job which is professional staffing and not in any way, shape, or form with an auto parts vendor. (see nite4u.com) I will try to post photos for you this week.

Quick Reply: M-23000-KR Need more info