Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Am I missing anything with this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Default Am I missing anything with this setup?

So when I installed my UCA, I failed to realize I needed a bolt from an 05-10 to complete the installation, until I tried to put my stock back in and it didn't work. As you can imagine - that caused a few frustrating days (still a work in progress actually). With that being said, I'd like to avoid a similiar issue with the rest of my suspension.

I currently have UCA/LCA/PHB and Koni Yellows in the mail. I'll be grabbing a set of Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets which I'm not concerned with. The current plan is to round it all out with H&R Lowering Springs and GT500 Upper Strut Mounts.

Based on my research it seems like the springs/Koni's are a good fit. They sell them as a package even I think. I'm second guessing the GT500 C/C plates as they are not adjustable. I've seem some people say they can turn them to gain some adjustment or add bolts. For an extra $100 it seems like a better option to just go with dedicated C/C plates. Am I off base here? Will they be fine and I shouldn't worry. I'm going to have > 1.5" drop front and back so I'm expecting to need to do some adjusting. (Guess I answered my own question there)

The real questions of the day is for anyone with experience with a similar setup. Is there a known issue that I'm missing? Will I need some other obscure piece to complete the installation? I'd love to know in advance instead of when a 4 corners are off the car.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
So when I installed my UCA, I failed to realize I needed a bolt from an 05-10 to complete the installation, until I tried to put my stock back in and it didn't work. As you can imagine - that caused a few frustrating days (still a work in progress actually). With that being said, I'd like to avoid a similiar issue with the rest of my suspension.

I currently have UCA/LCA/PHB and Koni Yellows in the mail. I'll be grabbing a set of Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets which I'm not concerned with. The current plan is to round it all out with H&R Lowering Springs and GT500 Upper Strut Mounts.

Based on my research it seems like the springs/Koni's are a good fit. They sell them as a package even I think. I'm second guessing the GT500 C/C plates as they are not adjustable. I've seem some people say they can turn them to gain some adjustment or add bolts. For an extra $100 it seems like a better option to just go with dedicated C/C plates. Am I off base here? Will they be fine and I shouldn't worry. I'm going to have > 1.5" drop front and back so I'm expecting to need to do some adjusting. (Guess I answered my own question there)

The real questions of the day is for anyone with experience with a similar setup. Is there a known issue that I'm missing? Will I need some other obscure piece to complete the installation? I'd love to know in advance instead of when a 4 corners are off the car.

Thanks
Did you get and adjustable PHB or a solid one? A 1.5" drop is gonna need adjustment from the PHB to re-center the rear end. I would recommend going with some adjustable plates instead of the GT500 ones.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=gmoran1469;8406581]Did you get an adjustable PHB or a solid one? [QUOTE]

UCA, LCA, and PHB are all adjustable. I'm seriously leaning towards a set of adj c/c instead of GT500 strut mounts. I should just call it - If I'm this unsure, better to be safe.

Any other wierd issues people have seen crop up with a similar setup?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

I would get solid LCA's with an adj. UCA and correct the pinion angle via the UCA instead of having to mess with both LCA's and the UCA.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
I'm seriously leaning towards a set of adj c/c instead of GT500 strut mounts. I should just call it - If I'm this unsure, better to be safe.
Unless you're looking to push camber way negative for competition or other really hard cornering, get the Steeda HD strut mounts. They include provision for some camber adjustment. There is a slight difference between struts for 2011-up and 2010 & earlier cars, and the strut mounts need to match the struts.

Norm
Old 07-10-2014, 11:19 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Unless you're looking to push camber way negative for competition or other really hard cornering, get the Steeda HD strut mounts. They include provision for some camber adjustment. There is a slight difference between struts for 2011-up and 2010 & earlier cars, and the strut mounts need to match the struts.Norm
The Steeda HD is your recommendation to match with '11-'14 Koni Yellows and H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

With any OE-style springs, actually (as opposed to coilover springs). I'm running the HD's with Konis . . . and OE springs (still).

Norm
Old 07-10-2014, 05:37 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the wisdom, Steeda HD it is.