Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

ORIGINAL: blueshawk

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

Just went to my ford dealer and was looking around, I looked at the Shelby GT it was a 2007 white with silver stripes and black interior, it was beautiful, better than the GT500 IMO. it was $44,000 w/ the dealership markup. After that I looked at 2 mustangs I may get, one wasa black 2007 GT/CS, and the other was a performance white GT auto, with 18' polished wheels.

to anyone with the Shelby GT, I congradulate you on an awesome car, one of the truly finest automobiles I have ever seen.
Get the black CS/GT. It has the same side scoops and front and rear fascias as the Shelby GT. So your body is already done. Then add the FRPP handling kit. Add the front grill (which is for sale in lots of places), 18" FRPP black bullitts and hurst shifter. Add the FRPP X-pipe and mufflers and anyone's CAI and tune and there you have it. I know, I have a black Shelby GT and it is the best looking Mustang Ford ever made, period.

Then you'll have everything except the stripes, Shelby hood scoop and the Shelby badging.
Don't forget the CMS tag's! Ouch! so close but yet so far...........................
Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
corners
2nd Gear Member

Just went to my ford dealer and was looking around, I looked at the Shelby GT it was a 2007 white with silver stripes and black interior, it was beautiful, better than the GT500 IMO. it was $44,000 w/ the dealership markup. After that I looked at 2 mustangs I may get, one wasa black 2007 GT/CS, and the other was a performance white GT auto, with 18' polished wheels.

to anyone with the Shelby GT, I congradulate you on an awesome car, one of the truly finest automobiles I have ever seen.
$44K with markup? What is the name of your dealer (city and state)?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

hey Ed, is that a clone SGT.............. just playin man.. btw, that SGT looks amazing.

babylon ford, NY.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

For those on this thread who compliment the Shelby GT, I thank you. Its a fantastic car and for it to have its final assembly done in the Las Vegas Shelby plant, its much more special, unlike the GT500 which is assembled entirely by Ford in Michigan. I am not saying the GT500 is not an extremely special car in its own right, because it is. Some believe this has insignificant meaning, but for myself and others, especially those who have a knowledge and appreciation for the Shelby name and history, it has a great deal of meaning. For those who express negatives, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion of course. In my personal opinion its well worth the money (and my cost was slightly below msrp, approx. $38K). Dealers are "trying" to get upwards of $52K on some of these, but as I and others have proven, you can get a much more reasonable price.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

hey Ed, is that a clone SGT.............. just playin man.. btw, that SGT looks amazing.

babylon ford, NY.
Thanks,

Im just enjoying all the threads right now LOL

Dont tell anyone but I took Caroll Shelby out and got him drunk and talked him into getting meFake CMS tag's.....

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

LOL

Is it Friday yet? Man! I need the weekend!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

For those on this thread who compliment the Shelby GT, I thank you. Its a fantastic car and for it to have its final assembly done in the Las Vegas Shelby plant, its much more special, unlike the GT500 which is assembled entirely by Ford in Michigan. I am not saying the GT500 is not an extremely special car in its own right, because it is. Some believe this has insignificant meaning, but for myself and others, especially those who have a knowledge and appreciation for the Shelby name and history, it has a great deal of meaning. For those who express negatives, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion of course. In my personal opinion its well worth the money (and my cost was slightly below msrp, approx. $38K). Dealers are "trying" to get upwards of $52K on some of these, but as I and others have proven, you can get a much more reasonable price.
On the mark as usual ilmore.............................
Old 06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

I have to chime in on this one....

1st the shelby GT is a cool looking mustang, but for someone to pay 40k +, wow......I just don't see it, quite honestly, I don't see ANY mustang as worth that much, BUT I LOVE mustangs period.

GT500 is by far worth the money purely for the power plant and the look is i think more original, SGT is really not that different other then some plastic badges and a few parts, the amount of money Ford is making on that car, wow insane.

gorgeous cars though!

keep in mind my perspective is jaded, i work for Lexus corporate and am used of my GS430, lol......but it could never be like my 7GT.

to the person looking at the stangs, but the GT/CS looks the same, less the spoiler, and yes the badges and funny looking hood scoop bolts....and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

When ever Courtesy ford in N.E. North Carolina gets the shelby stangs, they sell them for m.s.r.p. Still to much for my taste. I like customizing my own cars, and that would ruin the value of the shelby. I just wouldn't have the heart to change every thing on a car that was made to be a limited production.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

I have to chime in on this one....

1st the shelby GT is a cool looking mustang, but for someone to pay 40k +, wow......I just don't see it, quite honestly, I don't see ANY mustang as worth that much, BUT I LOVE mustangs period.

GT500 is by far worth the money purely for the power plant and the look is i think more original, SGT is really not that different other then some plastic badges and a few parts, the amount of money Ford is making on that car, wow insane.

gorgeous cars though!

keep in mind my perspective is jaded, i work for Lexus corporate and am used of my GS430, lol......but it could never be like my 7GT.

to the person looking at the stangs, but the GT/CS looks the same, less the spoiler, and yes the badges and funny looking hood scoop bolts....and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
The Ford dealer across from me where i got my Shelby has a Gt/CS mustang out front and it is beautiful. White, 5 speed ect....

But they changed it. They put the Ford racing handling pack (Lowered 1 1/2") also, Ford Racing CAI w/ tune, and im not sure if there was something else or not but the price they had on it was 44K. So in this case, you get less for more? But that is this dealer and i dont know if the others are going to follow suit? Im not sure if this something this dealer decided to do or what but, but if it had the stripes of a Shelby, from far away you would of thought it was one. It really looked good with the white color and polished bullitwheels on it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

When ever Courtesy ford in N.E. North Carolina gets the shelby stangs, they sell them for m.s.r.p. Still to much for my taste. I like customizing my own cars, and that would ruin the value of the shelby. I just wouldn't have the heart to change every thing on a car that was made to be a limited production.
Nothing wrong with that my friend, Thats what makes us all "Unique".................

I got mine because i like the "whole package" It said everything i wanted to doto a stang and the Shelby part for me was Icing on the cake.....................

Quick Reply: OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.