Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

It be gettin' violent up in this beeotch!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Nothings overpriced if it's worth it to you.

- C
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT500

Again, jbnetdev just posted he paid $41,000! What part of the SGT being over priced is so hard for you to understand?

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

I DID NOT buy my 2008 Shelby GT500 as a collection item, I bought it to DRIVE!

Maybe you didn’t pay almost what I paid for my GT500 for a slightly modified Mustang GT to drive it, but I bought my GT500 to drive. Period!

I don’t give a rodent’s derriere about resale value. If I just wanted to look at something sitting in the garage I could have saved my money and bought a full sized poster of a cool car and hung it in the garage.

If you think these Shelby’s are going to appreciate like a 1960’s GT500 or Cobra, you are crazy. You and I won’t be alive to see that.

Yes it is like comparing apples to oranges. The Shelby GT is $7000 to in this case $11,500 over priced. My 2008 Bullitt is scheduled for build this week. My cost before the $1500 incentive was $31,000, I will now be paying $29,500. You can buy a lot of glue on scoops, brake and suspension parts, and vinyl racing stripes, and even a blower kit for that $11,500 and still have money left over.

ORIGINAL: jbnetdev

This topic is like comparing apples to oranges. I paid rougly over 41 K out the doorcfor my shelby and im totally happy i did. The main purpose was to fill my long time dream of owning a real shelby GT mustang. If you are going to argue paying 10 K+ more for a shelby over a GT is lame it dont hold water. I will argue that if you compare the price of a 67 cobra and the price ofa 67 MUSTANG IN 67 the shelby COBRA blows away a mustang in over all value. Ive heard some 67 cobras have been getting over 1 million $$. Shelby in time has never lost value ever. ANd you can bet that the 07 shelby wil be worth much more then any GT and keep its value as time passes. I bought my 2007 about 1 year ago and i haveyet to see another shelby like mine onthe road. My car is allready rare ..ANd lastpoint a shelby is a different car then a Mustang GT. A shelby IS A Shelby a mustang is just that a mustang A DIME A DOZEN. You dont buy a shelby to get around everyday you buy it as a collection item totally different then a normal purchase of any average car.
Again my buddy just bought a SGT for $29,999.00, before taxes etc.
It's like I'm talking to a retard. First off stop writing in bold and messin' around with cap locks. When did jbnetdev buy his SGT? Plenty of people paid to much for their SGT's just like many paid to much for GT500's early on. Look, bitethebullitt just paid 2k more on a bullitt then my buddy did on a SGT! Bitethebullitt got his car with rebates, most people paid less without rebates for a Bullitt. Like I have already said, the SGT is overpriced at msrp. But it's all about market value. My friend just bought the car at the above mentioned price. Sh*t at that price the car is a great freakin deal. Besides the SGT will hold its value much better then a Bullitt, and every smart consumer needs to consider this before they make a large purchase on a depricable asset. Right? Point is, the cars cost pretty much the same if you do your research and are patient.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM
BiteTheBullitt

i agree with gtragtop...its all about market value and who has what. i shopped 3 dealers before i found my bullitt with the options i wanted. my whole deal was to get out the door for under msrp and that's what happened by about $800.00. this thread is telling me that some dealers are definitely more motivated than others to sell us our stangs. i also liked the creature comforts that the bullitt has over the sgt's. performance mixed with a bit of luxury is the way for me. patience is the key to a great deal. my father always said "the more you look, the more you will find something you like better." his philosophy worked for me.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Black GT500

LOL!

It’s like you are a talking RETARD…

Again, jbnetdev just posted he paid $41,000! What part of the SGT being over priced is so hard for you to understand?

Maybe you didn’t pay almost what I paid for my GT500 for a slightly modified Mustang GT to drive it, but I bought my GT500 to drive. Period!

I don’t give a rodent’s derriere about resale value. If I just wanted to look at something sitting in the garage I could have saved my money and bought a full sized poster of a cool car and hung it in the garage.

If you think these Shelby’s are going to appreciate like a 1960’s GT500 or Cobra, you are crazy. You and I won’t be alive to see that.

Yes it is like comparing apples to oranges. The Shelby GT is $7000 to in this case $11,500 over priced. My 2008 Bullitt is scheduled for build this week. My cost before the $1500 incentive was $31,000, I will now be paying $29,500. You can buy a lot of glue on scoops, brake and suspension parts, and vinyl racing stripes, and even a blower kit for that $11,500 and still have money left over.

This topic is like comparing apples to oranges. I paid rougly over 41 K out the doorcfor my shelby and im totally happy i did. The main purpose was to fill my long time dream of owning a real shelby GT mustang. If you are going to argue paying 10 K+ more for a shelby over a GT is lame it dont hold water. I will argue that if you compare the price of a 67 cobra and the price ofa 67 MUSTANG IN 67 the shelby COBRA blows away a mustang in over all value. Ive heard some 67 cobras have been getting over 1 million $$. Shelby in time has never lost value ever. ANd you can bet that the 07 shelby wil be worth much more then any GT and keep its value as time passes. I bought my 2007 about 1 year ago and i haveyet to see another shelby like mine onthe road. My car is allready rare ..ANd lastpoint a shelby is a different car then a Mustang GT. A shelby IS A Shelby a mustang is just that a mustang A DIME A DOZEN. You dont buy a shelby to get around everyday you buy it as a collection item totally different then a normal purchase of any average car.
It's like I'm talking to a retard. First off stop writing in bold and messin' around with cap locks. When did jbnetdev buy his SGT? Plenty of people paid to much for their SGT's just like many paid to much for GT500's early on. Look, bitethebullitt just paid 2k more on a bullitt then my buddy did on a SGT! Bitethebullitt got his car with rebates, most people paid less without rebates for a Bullitt. Like I have already said, the SGT is overpriced at msrp. But it's all about market value. My friend just bought the car at the above mentioned price. Sh*t at that price the car is a great freakin deal. Besides the SGT will hold its value much better then a Bullitt, and every smart consumer needs to consider this before they make a large purchase on a depricable asset. Right? Point is, the cars cost pretty much the same if you do your research and are patient.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:36 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

This topic is like comparing apples to oranges. I paid rougly over 41 K out the doorcfor my shelby and im totally happy i did. The main purpose was to fill my long time dream of owning a real shelby GT mustang. If you are going to argue paying 10 K + more for a shelby over a GT is lame it dont hold water. I will argue that if you compare the price of a 67 cobra and the price of a 67 MUSTANG IN 67 the shelby COBRA blows away a mustang in over all value. Ive heard some 67 cobras have been getting over 1 million $$. Shelby in time has never lost value ever. ANd you can bet that the 07 shelby wil be worth much more then any GT and keep its value as time passes. I bought my 2007 about 1 year ago and i have yet to see another shelby like mine on the road. My car is allready rare ..ANd last point a shelby is a different car then a Mustang GT . A shelby IS A Shelby a mustang is just that a mustang A DIME A DOZEN. You dont buy a shelby to get around everyday you buy it as a collection item totally different then a normal purchase of any average car.

Disagree, Y buy what you like best when it comes to cars!!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Black GT500

Default This Shelby's as great as the Bullitt, is much nicer than the Shelby GT

This Shelby's as great as the Bullitt, is much nicer than the Shelby GT

LMFAO

This Shelby is as great as the Saleen, Bullitt, much nicer than the Roush, and the Shelby GT.

**PLEASE No E-mails**

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/636491114.html
Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default my Shelby Gt is NIIIICE ;^)

I like the Bullitt. I test drove one. Very nice and sounds great. I almost got one, but drove home in Lilly. She picked me. [8D]

- C
Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 AM
BiteTheBullitt

Default RE: my Shelby Gt is NIIIICE ;^)

redgt,

lilly is a hotty! congrats on your purchase. i really can't see how anyone can go wrong with the purchase of any new v8 mustang these days. maybe that's why there are so many different offerings from the front office. i liked ruby too!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Boywe are pationate arent we !!.hahaha. Im a retard Ya right.. Look in the mirror !!!You guys are hilarious. To answer when I purchsed my gem it was july last year.. I actually wanted the gt500 but the dealers were ****** asking for 3oK to 35 K over sticker. I dont mind paying even 10 K more but 30 K more no way in hell. I paid a little below sticker for the gt which at the time i thought was a fair deal and my feelings havent changed at all even if the prices have fallen off abit. That will not last.I do drive my car more then i should but i want to keep it in cherry shape so i can make it last till i die i will probably be buried in it hahaha.. TO prove my point i challange anyone to compare the original cost of a Mustang and shelby signature /original not a home conversion purchased about the same time that more then 10 years old and show the resale value 10 + years later and to see which carmade better investment. I will bet that the shelby will blow away the mustang every time. It may seem now that ii paid to much but just wait till 10 years have passed. The fact is theres a limited amount of shelby and a **** load of mustangs. Its a no brainer !!!!The limited will be a hot item when people sudddenly see there not many to find later. All you have to do is look at the past to see my opinion is very true. If im a retard i sure am a happy one owning a Shelby...I HAVE NO REGRETS AT ALL !!!!Maybe that alone disqualifies me being a retard hahahahahah

Quick Reply: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison