Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby CS6

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Default Shelby CS6

Hey what's up everyone...

I'm a new 07 V6 owner, since September 1st '07, but I've been surfing through MustangForums since my purchase and I just finally decided to become a member. Now, I won't ask all the newbie questions (what should my first mod be... where do I purchase CAI/Tune...etc.) but I do have a question about s/c... I've read about the X-Charger, Vortech, ProCharger, and the Saleens and Roushes(which they don't have for the sixes) and they all sound appealing but the one name that sticks out the most is Shelby. I came across the Shelby website, and I've read in magazines about the CS8 but not the CS6. I've read the info the Shelby site put, but I trust more on what owners have to say about it.

I guess my question is, if there are any owners of the Shelby/Paxton s/c or know anyone with one, how fair is it compared to the other s/c mentioned? Reliability? Dyno #'s?

In case anyone here missed it (which I'm positive everyone knows about it..) here's the gallery to Shelby's CS6, which in my opinion is the best looking modified V6 on the market now(which I believe is the only modded 6):

http://shelbyautos.com/gallery.asp?car=cs6blue
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby CS6

The paxton s/c is a version of the vortech
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

If you poke around the Shelby site you should find the forums. There's a guy called Paleoc that did a full CS6 build, plus a lot of other stuff. (Or try Googling "Paleoc CS6 built progress") It gives a lot of ups/downs of doing the conversion. He might even be on here as well, but I'm not sure.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Thanks ShadowWulf, found him... interesting read..
Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Nice car... I have never seen the CS6 before.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

hahah yea check out his mod list(good luck spending 15k)

Adjustable Eibach Sway bars (front and rear)
Eibach Shocks, Dampners and Struts
Eibach Springs (lowered 2 inches) (Eibach Sportline Suspension)
Powerhouse Aluminum driveshaft and front safety loop
Kevlar/metallic clutch
SOS gauge pillar
Autometer Boost gauge
Autometer Low band air/fuel mixture gauge
Shelby anti-theft kit
Steeda Billet lower control arms
MMR 70mm Throttle body
MMR Throttle body spacer
JBA Shorty Headers (titanium ceramic)
JBA Plug wires
JBA dual exhaust
Amican Racing Shelby Razor Wheels x5 (20x9)
BF Goodrich G-Force TA KDW NT tires 255/35ZR20 (x5)
AR103 Autolite spark plugs
Car Cover
8.8" rear end (3.55)
Shelby Car Care Kit
Shelby CS6 Hood
Shelby Front Fascia
Shelby Upper Front grill
GT Rear Fascia
GT Wing Spoiler
BMR Adjustable upper control arm
BMR Adjustable panhard rod
BMR Panhard rod relocation bracket
PIAA lights
Shelby letter kit (front and rear)
Radiator cover
Hood pins
Side scoops
Cobra faux gas cap
Cobra tire valve caps
Paxton-Shelby Novi-1200 supercharger
SCT tuner
Shorty antenna
Hurst Shifter
Raptor Shift light
Shelby Stripe Kit
Shelby floormats
Plenum Cover Cobra Emblem
Baer Shelby GT+ Brakes (14 inch)
Billet Pedal covers
Oil cooler
SOS cupholder bezel
Steeda Lower control arm relocation brackets
Vista Blue Midwest Auto Plenum cover
Lower front grill
Hood struts
CHE K-frame + torque limiters
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Aka those Chrome razors look sharp!

The Paxton is almost exactly the sameas the Vortech HO with some differences in the head unit which is probably relatively minor.
About half of the mod list was part of the Shelby CS6 Turn-2 Kit. The $13k (price has gone down and now includes more decorative parts) does not include paint and labor.
Shelby is also making the Terlingua. Which if you take to one of their certified shops (Las Vegas, Massachusetts, Texas, Oklahoma and soon Florida) to have the conversion done comes as an actual numbered andRegistered Shelby car. The Paxton on it gets pulleyed for more HP, it has an actual extraction hood, slightly better brakes and some of the remaining same or very similar parts. It has a wilder paint scheme which may or may not appeal to you. It will also probably take some time to get the conversion done as Shelby has a habit of releasing/showing prototypes before the conversion parts are widely available.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...howtopic=12391
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/terli..._articleid/204

Or you can do the mods yourself and build the car tohow you want it to look. A lot of people haveinstalled the CS6 front fascia and little or nothing else.The parts are available separately.
Between the superchargers, X-charger, procharger and Vortech/Paxton, it seems to be mostly personal preference. The X-charger being a roots type produces more low-end torque while the remaining centrifiguals produce more power at the higher band of rpms. The procharger and the vortech/paxton have different oiling schemes (self contained internal vs. external oiling).

Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Thanks Paleoc! Very informative. I have a couple of questions though...

In terms as a daily driver car, what's the advatages of having self contained internal vs. external oiling?
Also in another thread, someone said that the CS6 wouldn't be numbered and registered as a Shelby car... am I wrong or has that changed? If so, would you need the entire kit to be registered?

I love the entire kit of the CS6 but the stripes are a little too 'wild' for me. I think a simple, custom CS6 badge on the fender would be more appealing. And the price tag of 12k it's a little too much for me right now... I'm actually more interested in the s/c and to keep it in the Shelby family, I'd love the GT500 front fascia. I belive a member here has a V6 Vortech s/c and the GT500 front - absolutely beautiful.

BTW, amazing looking CS6 you got there!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Paleoc

Aka those Chrome razors look sharp!

The Paxton is almost exactly the sameas the Vortech HO with some differences in the head unit which is probably relatively minor.
About half of the mod list was part of the Shelby CS6 Turn-2 Kit. The $13k (price has gone down and now includes more decorative parts) does not include paint and labor.
Shelby is also making the Terlingua. Which if you take to one of their certified shops (Las Vegas, Massachusetts, Texas, Oklahoma and soon Florida) to have the conversion done comes as an actual numbered andRegistered Shelby car. The Paxton on it gets pulleyed for more HP, it has an actual extraction hood, slightly better brakes and some of the remaining same or very similar parts. It has a wilder paint scheme which may or may not appeal to you. It will also probably take some time to get the conversion done as Shelby has a habit of releasing/showing prototypes before the conversion parts are widely available.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...howtopic=12391
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/terli..._articleid/204

Or you can do the mods yourself and build the car tohow you want it to look. A lot of people haveinstalled the CS6 front fascia and little or nothing else.The parts are available separately.
Between the superchargers, X-charger, procharger and Vortech/Paxton, it seems to be mostly personal preference. The X-charger being a roots type produces more low-end torque while the remaining centrifiguals produce more power at the higher band of rpms. The procharger and the vortech/paxton have different oiling schemes (self contained internal vs. external oiling).

I love that CS6!!![sm=icon_rock.gif] Do you have any wallpaper sized pictures you'd be willing to share?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Internal vs external oiling. I am going to repeat things that I have heard without and I stress without knowing them to factual other than just rumor. Alledgedly the internal oiling develops oil seal leaks after a while. Owners of the supercharger state that is not true. Since the internal oiled system has the oil already present rather than having it pumped up to the supercharger, alledgedly it promotes longer life since the system is always fully oiled particularly when the engine is started. Punching a hole in the oil pan and connecting a pump and lines is more complicated and harder to install. Again I repeat, this is all hearsay.

The CS6 is not a registered car. The Terlingua (whichwill bebuilt by "authorized" dealers) will be.

I was cool on the graphics at first but they grew on me after a while. They supplied a CS logo to replace the horse on the faux gas cap but as I had already purchased a Ford Snake faux gas cap and preferred the snake and I felt that there were enough foot tall CS's on the car already without adding another 2 inch one to the trunk. I was going to use it on the hornbutton but Jason Cenora (of Hillbank) wanted it for his prototype CS8. As he had sold me the kit and had on multiple occassions bent way over backwards to help me, it was only fair and right to give to him.

Quick Reply: Shelby CS6