Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Complaints on the GT500

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Complaints on the GT500

Ok, so I went and looked at my gt500 today. just came in last night..I am still going to wait until end of may to get it..however I do have some complaints about it that I cant believe a $46k+ car has on it.
The Exhaust: My gosh it is quiet...I already upgraded to the FRRP stingers
Prop Rod: A freaking prop rod under the hood, are you kidding me. Why would ford still roll them out like that on the GT500....its a $100 mod for crying out loud....I will definitley be doing this change
Eaton supercharger: again, I dont understand why they when this route..they had 2 other gt500s at the lot that the dealer was upgrading the Supercharger to the whipple upgrade...
Stripe seam alignment: this one surprised the hell out of me. I looked at every gt500 (5 of them here and 4 at another dealer) and they all looked the same the stripes had an imperfect overlap to them....I mean you have to look for it but they all did....this truly surprised me...
anyway..I am not whining...just some items I noticed when I went to finnally see my car in person...now the end of May is right around the corner........GT500 club here I come
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Complaints on the GT500

You are correct on all accounts. I noticed the same thing on my stripes. That's part of the reason I pulled them out. When I'm ready to have real ones, I'll get them painted on like I did with my GT.

I would add one more item to your rant. The mirrors......[:@] My wife's Corrola came with painted mirrors. WTF was ford thinking.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

You are correct on all accounts. I noticed the same thing on my stripes. That's part of the reason I pulled them out. When I'm ready to have real ones, I'll get them painted on like I did with my GT.

I would add one more item to your rant. The mirrors......[:@] My wife's Corrola came with painted mirrors. WTF was ford thinking.
+1...yeah forgot that one too.....
Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on the Shelby! I will be adding the Stingers to mine as well in the next few days. I removed all the stripes off of mine right from the start.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

Don't forget the brake dust....I have to spend 30 minutes cleaning the wheels after every second ride or so.

I did notice some imperfections on the stripes too...on the spoiler I have a very slight rub in the stripe. I think I'm just going to get them painted on too down the road.

They could have given a bigger heat exchanger for the Heaton too. All in all, very awesome car though.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ITS CALLED CHEAP!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
CH53Driver

Well, considering what I DID GET for 45K, I'm not complaining. Show me how many brand new cars from the factory you can get for 45K with 500 horses stock? Then when you take into the potential of these cars, they really are a great deal. Every thing mentioned here already can be easily fixed by me for a little bit of $ and time, so I am not complaining.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Your being philosophical about the whole thing. We're just bitching a little because we paid more than 45.....[&o]Lots more....[&o][&o]

ORIGINAL: CH53Driver

Well, considering what I DID GET for 45K, I'm not complaining. Show me how many brand new cars from the factory you can get for 45K with 500 horses stock? Then when you take into the potential of these cars, they really are a great deal. Every thing mentioned here already can be easily fixed by me for a little bit of $ and time, so I am not complaining.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
CH53Driver

Your being philosophical about the whole thing. We're just bitching a little because we paid more than 45.....[&o]Lots more....[&o][&o]
No worries. I know some of you did pay A LOT more than 45K, but either way it is still a great deal IMO. Sure, there are some things that could have been different, but at some point Ford had to draw the line or these cars would have started out a lot higher than they did! If any of you are really annoyed by your GT500's, you can give them to me.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:35 AM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Ok, so I went and looked at my gt500 today. just came in last night..I am still going to wait until end of may to get it..however I do have some complaints about it that I cant believe a $46k+ car has on it.
The Exhaust: My gosh it is quiet...I already upgraded to the FRRP stingers
Prop Rod: A freaking prop rod under the hood, are you kidding me. Why would ford still roll them out like that on the GT500....its a $100 mod for crying out loud....I will definitley be doing this change
Eaton supercharger: again, I dont understand why they when this route..they had 2 other gt500s at the lot that the dealer was upgrading the Supercharger to the whipple upgrade...
Stripe seam alignment: this one surprised the hell out of me. I looked at every gt500 (5 of them here and 4 at another dealer) and they all looked the same the stripes had an imperfect overlap to them....I mean you have to look for it but they all did....this truly surprised me...
anyway..I am not whining...just some items I noticed when I went to finnally see my car in person...now the end of May is right around the corner........GT500 club here I come

Hey cheftjpeck remember me JB we first talked last year when i got my shelby.. CONGRATS u finally did it good move. Youll love it. Its good you brought this pin stripe issue up. I have only one complaint on my GTS and its the pin strips.They are starting to getoff color faded blotches that dont come out.I think it may be due to the minerals in our water and/or the sunbut im not sure anyone else has this problem?Ford has ordered new stripes and they told me there was one other person that had the same thing and they dont know why this happens. I like the stripe anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this from hapening again I do keep it out of the sun and in the garage and also covered. when not in use mmmmm I hope it aint my cover . Anyway send me LOTS OF pics cheftjpeck of your gem.

Quick Reply: Complaints on the GT500